Val'Dariah
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy based original RPG forum for advanced role players.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Authorities

Trick’o’Treat

29 October - is a special day. This year
 two infamous
vampires and a demon shall
grant the traveling Goth Fair for the
people of Demigora. Many gothic people,
furtune tellers, aura readers and other
esoteric fun shall strike you from behind.
Also the owners promissed many fun games,
lots of good music and awsome prizes for
the best mask.So come, don't miss the fun.

Live Chat

An ongoing mission

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Tah'lyia

Tah'lyia

An ongoing mission Empty
PostSubject: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 4:17 pm

It had been many months, no, years, since she had been home. Years since she had seen her family, her brother. Years since she had rested. The attacks on her kingdom.. or rather, her brother's kingdom, had left few clues for her to follow, but with diligence, she had found her way here, to this god-forsaken land. For now, she rested up on her sleeping sack, her head propped up on a fallen log. The fire roared, and the scent of her dinner cooking over it, was causing her stomach to growl. All of her items and weapons were stuffed away, but within reach. As she sat up to turn the stick with her food on it over, she stopped, listening carefully. She had heard a twig snap. Maybe it was just an animal. Reaching up, she pulled the animal skin hood down from over her head. Her shimmery golden hair spilled out and parted for her slightly pointed ears as she listened carefully around. As she looked up, she saw a rabbit hop off on it's way. She sighed with relief and leaned, pulling her hood back up over her head. "Stupid Animals!" She chuckled to herself before getting comfortable again. How long has it been since she had contact with another being? All the days seemed to run together now, and she had no clue where to go from here. Even if she did want to give up this mission, she wasn't even sure where the way home was. Great, this wasn't the best mission she had been on. And it was getting worse every day.
Back to top Go down
Dax Shadowfire

Dax Shadowfire

An ongoing mission Empty
PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 5:35 pm

Stepping out of the portal, he took a deep breath. Ah, the mountain air of the Spine Mountains. He had travelled far for just a simple card spell. This was good. He needed to get away from Val'Dariah for a moment. He took a step forward and stopped when he heard the twig underneith break. He looked down, shaking his head slowly.

Turning around slowly to check out his surroundings, he caught sight of a fire. This was unusual. Normally his card's teleport spell caused him to appear in a place of solitude. He wasn't expecting to appear near someone.

Placing the card back into his cloak, he took out a few others and slipped them up his sleeve. Alone in the Spine Mountains was never a good place to be. So many bandits and wild ferrel creatures roamed these parts. Better safe then sorry.

Slowly making his way towards the fire, he kept himself well seen, if anyone was there to see him. He began to whistle a soft tune, hoping that whoever, or whatever, was near the fire wouldn't suddenly get started by him. That was the last thing he needed, a fight. He had just left one possible fight, and really didn't need another. But he'd still be cautious.
Back to top Go down
Tah'lyia

Tah'lyia

An ongoing mission Empty
PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 5:45 pm

Sitting up again, the young woman picked up the stick that had animal meat roasting on it. She lifted it up and tested a small part. Sniffing at the air, something else caught her attention. It wasn't the smell of food or dirt or trees. It was something else. Slowly, she set the stick down and carefully reached out for her twin daggers. Pushing the sleeping bag off her legs, she waited a moment. Humming? Someone was humming. Maybe just a traveler, but still. Carefully she rose to her feet, using her training to find where the person was coming from. Looking up to the east, she saw the shadow of movement. Should she call out? Should she make the first move. It was already obvious that the person knew she was there, the fire was a dead give away. As the person broke through the shadows and into the light of the fire, she carefully looked the person over. "Who are you? What do you want?" No point in wasting time with pleasentries. This was a dangerous area, and already she had been mugged almost twice. Or was that last month. It didn't matter, she didn't feel like letting it happen again. As she stood there, her long slender legs glowing a strange silvery light, her eyes a piercingly pale blue. The small animal prince outfit she wore, definately left nothing to the imagination. The hood she had pulled forward, covering her hair and putting her face into a shadow. Her small stature didn't seem scary or intimidating, but that was the best part. No one suspected how deadly she was.
Back to top Go down
Dax Shadowfire

Dax Shadowfire

An ongoing mission Empty
PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 5:52 pm

Reaching the circle of light, he stopped, seeing her stand up. A woman? Alone in this place? There had to be a catch. He ignored her slightly, looking around, using his card of divine sight to see if anyone else was around. Finding no one, he closed his eyes and powers to the card. Slowly he removed his hood, reveiling his soft blue eyes and raven black hair. He smiled and bowed his head slightly to her. He had already seen the hidden weapons around her.

"I am sorry, I mean you no harm, or disrespect. I saw your fire, and I didn't want to alarm anyone that was near by. I just arrived from Val'Dariah. Hard to believe, I know, but I was able to teleport to this location." He didn't want to give too much information to a stranger, just enough.

Holding out his arms, showing her his hands, he looked back up at her. "I don't have a weapon. I don't believe in them." He said, turning for her to see him. Sure, he was wearing a cloak, but that was open for inspection.

"I'm sorry I startled you. I'll go."
Back to top Go down
Tah'lyia

Tah'lyia

An ongoing mission Empty
PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 6:04 pm

Looking him over carefully, she nodded a bit at his words. If he says so. Using her dagger to point, she indicated his clock. "Lift it... in the back." She wanted to check every part of him, it was all to easy to hide weapons. When she was sure he had no means to harm her, she gesture to the other side of the fire. "It's okay, I don't really startle easy, I just like to get a jump on my enemies before they get one on me. Please.." She gestured again before sitting back down and turning her attention to the food. "Are you hungry?" She asked casually, as if it was her life long friend that was sitting with her. Pulling the long white gloves off her hands, she tested the meat to make sure it was fully cooked. "Perfect." She said with a small smirk before she took up her small knife and started to cut the food into pieces for them to share, that is, if he wanted any.

Pushing her hood back off her head again, she fanned out her long shimmery golden hair and scratched at her long slender neck a bit. She was in desperate need of a good hot bath. Sometimes she really did miss being a princess. With a chuckle to herself, she put the meat on a small plate and handed it over. It was more than enough for her to share, from the looks of her, she didn't need to eat much.
Back to top Go down
Dax Shadowfire

Dax Shadowfire

An ongoing mission Empty
PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 6:16 pm

Nodding to her, he slowly turned his back to her, lifting his cloak to show that no weapon was hidden at his belt line. With her satisfied, he lowered his cloak and walked over to the other side of the fire. The food did smell good.

"You know, I actually forgot to eat at Val'Dariah," he said, chuckling. He waited for her to finish preparing the food before taking the plate she had offered. "And I can completely understand getting the jump on others. You must be use to having people assume you're an easy target."

He pushed his sleeves up, forgetting about his cards in the one. He watched as they fell to the ground before him. He reached down for them calmly. No need to act like they were a big deal or anything.
Back to top Go down
Tah'lyia

Tah'lyia

An ongoing mission Empty
PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 6:40 pm

She nodded, with a small chuckle. Easy target. She loved when people make that mistake with her. As the cards fell from his sleeve, she watched him pick them up with a curious look. "You a gambler or something?" She chuckled. "If so, I'm all for a game of chance now and then." She smiled and leaned back against the fallen log, pulling the plate up to her face so she could inhale the scent of cooked meat. Finally she began to eat, moaning softly at the taste. "Oh, I am so glad I bought that bottle of sauce. So much better this way." She took a few more bites before licking the sauce from her fingers and lips. Sitting up a bit, she looked into the fire, before adding another log. She wanted a slightly bigger flame, so that there was more illumination between herself and the visitor. Leaning back again, she watched a bit before speaking up. "So where is this Val'Da..Dariah? Is that close by?" Maybe this place could lead her to the people that were attacking her kingdom. Then again, maybe she made up this enemy and left her home for no reason? She hadn't heard from her brother in many months, maybe they forgot about her. She shook her head and looked up at him again.
Back to top Go down
Dax Shadowfire

Dax Shadowfire

An ongoing mission Empty
PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 6:58 pm

He placed the cards into his pocket and pulled out the normal set of playing cards. He placed them down upon the rock he was leaning against and smiled at her. "I've been known to play a little." He picked up his meat and nibbled upon it slowly. Three days worth of gambling and drinking had made him quite hungry.

Checking his surroundings, he smiled at her. "Val'Dariah is the capital city of Greater. Or, likes to pretend it is. They are the main ruling city upon this continent, but allow other kingdoms and clans to be self sufficiant. But I tell you what, every time the demon horde escapes from Dark, the governments of Lesser and Greater all run to the council in Val'Dariah." He chuckled a bit. "They have all the news and laws that go on around this continent. The travel hub connects every part of this massive land. If I knew exactly were I was at, I could tell you have far away we are. I don't recognize anything here, so I only know that it is to the north somewhere."

Back to top Go down
Tah'lyia

Tah'lyia

An ongoing mission Empty
PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 7:06 pm

Reaching over into her pack, she pulled out a rather crude map. It looked like it hadn't been finished and she was working on it herself. It was pretty acurate for what it was. Leaning over, she tossed the thing onto his lap. "Could you maybe find it on there?" She leaned back, biting some meat off the drumstick. Chewing slowly, her eyes watching the fire dance a bit before directing her attention upwards to the sky. No moon again tonight. She hated dark nights. Looking back to him, she exhaled sharply before taking another bite. Licking her lips clean, she set the plate down and leaned forward slightly, trying to see the map from over the fire. Her eyes noted the pack of cards, and thought some gambling would help cheer her up. It had been so very long since she had social interaction. She left her kingdom to protect it, not to be a loner. It was never her nature to be alone. She loved training with the men, she loved going to war with the brave souls of her people. Loved hearing stories and sitting drinking wine with her friends. This was one of the reasons she gave up her royal seat. She wanted to be with people, not governing them. "Still hungry? Want some more? If so, there is plenty." She held up two more rabbits by their ears, waiting to be skinned. She felt sorry for the poor things, truly, but she needed to eat, and she wasn't very sure about most of the vegetation around here. Back in her moonlit woods, it was so much easier to tell what was edible and what wasn't.
Back to top Go down
Dax Shadowfire

Dax Shadowfire

An ongoing mission Empty
PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 7:13 pm

He had travelled much of the Lesser, having grown up there, and much of Greater. Her map was rather good, if not a bit incomplete. He noticed that the center of the map had to do with an elvish land of some kind. Her homeland perhaps? He smiled up at her. "Sure. I could go for some more food. I might have an idea for some vegetables and fruits that are around here. Since you aren't from around these parts ms...I'm sorry, where are my manners. My name is Dax Shadowfire."

He smiled at her, looking back at her map. "Well, if I am correct in assuming that this large body of water is Vastwind," he said pointing to the massive lake upon her map, "then I'd say, giving the general local that we are at, that Val'Dariah is a good two thousand miles to the northeast."

He rolled up the map and tossed it back to her. "The nearest city with a travel hub is actually a few hundred miles west of here. All we have to do is get to the river and follow it west. I don't really know the trails or roads of these mountains. And with 'winter' coming soon, I wouldn't want to be caught in these mountains while a storm rages around and upon us."
Back to top Go down
Tah'lyia

Tah'lyia

An ongoing mission Empty
PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 7:28 pm

"Pleasure to meet you Lord Shadowfire. The name is Pri... Lady Tah'lyia... from the Moonlit woods." She caught the map and opened it back up, adding a few notes to it with a small readied ink quill pen. She rolled it back up and stuffed it away. "Thank you for the information. That would be helpful, if I ever make it all the way out of these blasted woods. Out one and directly into another." She sighed, shaking her head. "Well my good Lord, since we are togther and making aquaintences.. I should wonder if you would like to share a small drink with me?" She reached into her pack pulling out a very ornate bottle. It was dark colored but seemed to shine like the moon light. Pulling out to rather fancy silvery flute stemmed chalices, she handed one over to him. "Oh, would you be so kind?" She said, handing the closed bottle over to him. She could easily open it, but she wanted to look the part of a sweet proper lady. It always seemed foreign on her, but she was trying hard to get it right. Holding out the two chalices, she waited for him to pour. The bottle was filled with a wonderful wine. It was strong and could warm a person on even the coldest night. It had such an easy taste going down, but one did not need to drink much of it to get a little too drunk. The glasses with which she carried with the wine were so small, it was hardly more than a deep gulp, but that was more than enough.
Back to top Go down
Dax Shadowfire

Dax Shadowfire

An ongoing mission Empty
PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 7:46 pm

He smiled at her, "I'm happy to help. And I'm no Lord, I'm afraid. Just a simple monk who knows how to defend himself." He looked down at his hands. "I don't believe I've ever been to those woods. My travels have usually kept me to the north of this mountain chain. Harder for bounty hunters to get to you when you go hiding in some massive cities."

He took the flask from her and opened the top easily enough. He smiled at her and poured the liquid into both. He wasn't much of a drinker, but he wasn't going to be rude about it. He already had a problem with his gambling. It was only habit to drink then. But out here, one needed to have their wits about them.

"Well, my dear Tah'lyia, what is it you do back home? Or did, since clearly you've been away for some time."
Back to top Go down
Tah'lyia

Tah'lyia

An ongoing mission Empty
PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 9:05 pm

She handed him his small cup of the wine and took the large bottle. Though she had been gone from home for several years, the bottle was nearly full. Setting it back in her bag, she thought about her answer to his question. In order to buy herself just a bit more time, she took a tiny sip of the wine. "Well, I was warrior. One of the few women to join the elite archery squad. My brother is the ruler of the Moonlit Woods. And when he offered to share the throne with me, I refused and was happy as a protector and guardian. I love the life of being a militant. Some from my home would say that my skills are legendary, but.... they exaggerate.horribly." She laughed softly at the thought then took another tiny sip of the wine. Setting the glass down on a near by rock, she looked over to him. "And yourself? I take it you are from around here, but I find it rather strange that you choose to not live .. in town." Picking up one of the rabbits, she proceeds to cut it open and skin it. Shoving the long metal pole up through the thing, she set it over the fire. Reaching into her satchel, she pulled out the bottle of sauce. "Did you like this last time?" She wouldn't put it on if he did not like the taste. She wasn't very hungry, but she did like the taste of the sauce, so might eat if he agrees with it.
Back to top Go down
Dax Shadowfire

Dax Shadowfire

An ongoing mission Empty
PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 11:56 am

He nodded some, smiling slightly. "Yes, the sauce was wonderful." He reached into his cloak pocket and took out a small folding flute. He placed it next to the cards on the rock and sat back, watching her with pure enjoyment.

"Alas, no, I am not from these parts. I honestly don't know who my parents are, or what bloodline I might have. I was an orphan upon the doorsteps of the Cresent Monks upon Lesser. I grew up learning how to be a monk, as well as a fighter." He took a sip of the wine, instantly feeling the warming sensation run through his body. "Mmm, that's good wine." He cleared his throat. "When I was a teen I struck out on my own, moving to Larshar and becoming a gladiator for their arena games."

He looked up to the sky, sighing slightly. "And that is where I met her. Oh, what a lovely creature she was. Ash elf, no more then three hundred years old. Oh how her swords danced in the arena. We instantly became rivals. She would get so frustrated when we fought or sparred. Always told me how she couldn't believe a mere human with so little power to elude her blades."

Raising the cup to the air, he saluted the sky. "To those once had, but lost to the sea of eternity." He took another sip and smiled slightly.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't speak like this."
Back to top Go down
Tah'lyia

Tah'lyia

An ongoing mission Empty
PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 2:56 pm

She shook her head, a smile playing over her lips. "No, it's fine. It's good to hear stories of times past." She lifted her glass to his salute and took her own small sip. "I am sorry for your loss." She set the glass back down, smiling over at him. "So, Lesser... I think I was there, many months ago. Was searching around, for... something. Didn't find much information there, so I have been traveling since. Just looking, hoping to find something, some small clue to explain what or who has been attacking my home land. Many years ago, while on a march of our lands, we noticed that an army had come through and started to tear down our forest. We depend on our trees for protection and solitude. I have been on search since. Finding the ones who did it. But I have lost the trail and have been wandering since." She chuckled softly, flipping the stick of meat over to brown the other side. Opening the small bottle of sauce, she poured a bit on the body and rubbed it in with her fingertips. Putting that away, and licking the sauce off her fingertips, she chuckled up at him. "Guess it is rather silly to be searching for unknown enemy especially after so long of no sign of them, but I don't want to return home a failure."
Back to top Go down
Skyler
Admin
Skyler

An ongoing mission Empty
PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 3:35 pm

Power flooded his body, pushing his tolerance to the limit. Before his final moments were to be played out on Earth, his thoughts turned to Byblis. He couldn't help but smile as the pure power of his full self poured out and attacked the darkness of his father's cast out dark soul. It was only a fragment of the whole, but it was still so powerful.

"FATHER!"

And with that, he exploded.

Or so he thought he had. One moment his body was wrapped in pure divine energy, the next, he was standing upon a small trail, his powers completely lowered to their minimum level. He looked about, feeling the energies of the world around him. He closed his eyes.

"Demigora," he spoke softly, knowing his home without having to sense the land with his powers. "How the hell did I end up back here?"

He took a deep breath and looked around. There was a fire near by. For this he would try to send out his powers. Lucky for him, his second sight picked up only two; one male, one female. He slowly made his way over to the fire, his shadow cloak, the one he left behind, appearing around his body as he walked.

"Hello old friend," he spoke softly, making his way over to the small group.
Back to top Go down
Dax Shadowfire

Dax Shadowfire

An ongoing mission Empty
PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 3:47 pm

He shrugged, sipping the last of the wine in his cup. "Nothing wrong with wanting to make sure of who was destroying your forest. You want to keep your people safe. There is nothing wrong with that."

Looking up to the sky, smelling the cooking meat and sauce, he took a deep breath and smiled. "I needed to get out of the city. And I do wish I could get back to Lesser. I have a friend working on getting me back home. So, for now, I'm up here."

He grabbed his cards from the rock and began to shuffle them idly. It was somewhat of a nervous habbit. Only happened when he sensed something out of place yet didn't realize something was out of place. Just an odd feeling of being watched that he had no reason to feel.

"You said you would like a game of chance every now and again? I play rather regularly. Someone told me not long ago that I'm a gambleaholic. Thinking that I played with my life, or something like that. I've never given up anything that precious. I just enjoy the game." He held the cards out for her. "Would you like to play? Any game you want. I'm skilled in all forms...I believe."
Back to top Go down
Tah'lyia

Tah'lyia

An ongoing mission Empty
PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 4:16 pm

Looking around a second, she could have sworn she heard someone talking, well other than themselves. No, that was a silly thing to think. They were alone, there wasn't anything else around here. Then again, he came from no where around here. Still, she must have been hearing things. Looking up to the man shuffling his cards, she nodded "Yeah, I'll play, although I am not familiar with any card games. Perhaps you can teach me. Then I can teach my brother, when I see him again." She smiled softly, then moved the stick with the meat on it, a bit closer to him so that he could help himself should he get hungry. Lifting her glass to her lips, she took a small sip before setting it back down, somewhere it won't get knocked over. The wine was too expensive, and very rare in these parts, and she didn't want to lose a single drop. Pulling her long leopard skin hood off her shoulders, she folded it up and set it aside. Pulling some hair out of her eyes, she watched him a moment. "You know, I have nothing to bet. My money, though I don't have much, isn't even good here. I've tried to use it and no one thinks its worth anything. So what are we to bet?" Squirming into a more comfortable position, she turned and faced him, ready to learn, but she kept looking back out over the forest, thinking she is hearing either a voice, or footsteps. It was starting to bother her.
Back to top Go down
Skyler
Admin
Skyler

An ongoing mission Empty
PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 4:40 pm

He slowed his pace. His sudden appearance had caused them to notice that someone was around. He wasn't a threat, but one never could be too careful with people in the dark, and at night. Plus, he was still getting use to the day/night aspect of suddenly switching locations without meaning too. Of course he had planned on giving up his life to destroy that corrupt soul, but that meant he would have arrived back at the tower. This wasn't the tower, and it was his same body. He didn't feel any different. Plus, if he looked carefully enough, he could see the scars hidden by his divine healing upon his own hand. This was still his original body.

At long last he came to the camp, his footsteps silent like death due to the assassin style traing his parents had forced upon him. He walked up to the fire light and sat down between the two people, folding his arms into his cloak, his hood staying down to hide his facial features. He blended in well with the night, having just sat himself between the two without making a sound. Plus, his shadow cloak helped keep him completely concealed from the world around them. He just sat there, enjoying the warmth of the fire. He didn't even bother to see who he was sitting with. He was more interested in the fire, not the people. He knew how to handle the people who lived on Demigora. They were his people. Kinda.
Back to top Go down
Dax Shadowfire

Dax Shadowfire

An ongoing mission Empty
PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 4:48 pm

He took a piece of meat from the stick, plopping it in his mouth and chewing upon it slowly. It was so good. He then swallowed and smiled at her.

"But you said you enjoyed games of chance. Did you mean other then cards? If so, I'd like to hear those stories, if you don't mind." He took the cards back, smiling. "I know many games. I can teach you a game called go fish. We don't have to bet anything. Just learn for fun, what do you say?"

Suddenly he sat up straighter, feeling a slight shift in the air pressure. He looked around, wondering why he felt so uneasy. It wasn't like him to just be cause so unaware. He reached into his cloak and pulled out his divine sight card.

"Do you feel as if something is a bit...off?" he asked, summoning up his slight powers to look through the eyes of the card. He didn't like feeling like this.
Back to top Go down
Tah'lyia

Tah'lyia

An ongoing mission Empty
PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 5:02 pm

She smiled softly. "Most games with dice. Or games where a certain color pebble is hidden under cups and swirled around to be found." She looked around carefully, she felt something was still amiss. Her eyes shifted as she saw a bit of the foliage around them moving. It crushed softly as if being stepped upon. She watched a bit longer, seeing it shift again, almost as though more pressure had been lowered on to it. She was glad her hair was in her face so that if this unseen being was to look, they wouldn't see her watching.

Looking back up to Dax, she casually shook her head. "Um, no... I don't feel.. anything." She said rather calmly, her hand reaching over to her dagger she had set away when he came. She watched Dax a moment, and when he looked up to her, she nodded in the direction of where the ground covered moved. She lifted up her dagger carefully and pointed to the stranger with it so Dax would know where she was thinking it was. Carefully, she shifted her way to a more manueverable position. Squatting there a moment, she looked back to Dax to see what he was going to do.
Back to top Go down
Skyler
Admin
Skyler

An ongoing mission Empty
PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 5:12 pm

He couldn't help but smile. Of all the things in this world he had been taught, not using his ability to phaze so as to not disturb the foilage was something he usually forgot to do. It was bad enough he relied upon his cloak so much, let alone his invisiblity spell. But to not use everything he had to keep himself completely hidden. Now that was just plain stupid.

He looked from the woman, seeing her dagger with his second sight. He couldn't blame her. She knew he was there, and without him announcing his intentions, or that he was even there, it wasn't so surprising she would be like this.

Slowly taking a breath, he turned to face the other individual. He looked him up and down, wondering what was in his hand. He blinked, thinking he was seeing things. He looked closer at the man's hand, seeing the card there, along with the slow surrounding of arcane power. Ever so slowly he looked up to the man's face. He went wide eyed.

"Dax!" he said, throwing off his hood, reveiling his bright green eyes and short platinum blonde hair. "Is that really you? Or am I really dead?"
Back to top Go down
Dax Shadowfire

Dax Shadowfire

An ongoing mission Empty
PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 5:21 pm

It wasn't hard to read her body. She knew he had noticed, yet she had figured out where the creature was. His divine sight card wasn't picking up anything, but then again, it was only good for picking up things of a divine nature. He couldn't pick up anything arcane or spiritual that might be near by. He didn't have those cards, as much as he wished he had.

Nodding with his eyes at her, he began to push as much of his powers into the card to see if anything had been around, or might be. Still, with her showing him where the thing might be, all he could see was the pitch black night. There simply wasn't anything there.

He jumped, his cards at the ready to launch an attack, his expression one of mild shock and horror. But as his sight began to focus, and he could hear the chuckling coming from the man, who's only visible body part was his head, he knew who was sitting at their fire.

"Sky?! Ok, this is just weird." He turned to Tah'lyia. "It is okay. He's a friend." He turned back to Skyler, shaking his head. "Talk about giving someone a scare, you sneaky bastard. When did you get back to Greater? Your letter said you were going to Val'Dariah to use the travel hub. I tried to catch you there, but it is such a big city, and you are not an easy person to track. I got to the travel hub, only to be told you had already left. Though, not by the portals." He picked up the stick with the rabbit and held it out for him. "I know you don't usually, but are you hungry?"
Back to top Go down
Tah'lyia

Tah'lyia

An ongoing mission Empty
PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 5:26 pm

She hadn't even moved, nor flinched when the hood came off and the two men started to yell at each other. It wasn't till Dax offered up her food to the stranger, that she finally lifted a brow. Stuffing her dagger back into her pack, she scooted back down to a sitting position. Picking up her glass of wine, she downed the rest with a small clearing of her throat. She set it back into her satchel so it was safe. Lifting up her long strip of leopard fur, she wrapped her head and shoulders back up then proceeded to pull her gloves back on. Squirming down to a more comfortable sitting position, she leaned her head back and closed her eyes. Her hands rested casually on her thighs. Most of her body was exposed, except for the more obvious places. She had gloves on up to her elbows and the same material was wrapped around her legs, up to mid-thigh. She had on white boots, that were more fancy than they were practical, especially for the terrain they were on, but she liked them, and she moved just as fine in them as men do in their hiking boots. After a quick scratch to her nose, she let herself drift a bit, letting the two men have their fun and catch up chatter.
Back to top Go down
Skyler
Admin
Skyler

An ongoing mission Empty
PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 1:02 pm

He held up his hand, shaking his head. He had eaten more on Earth in those few days then in all of his time training before. He was sure he couldn't eat anything else. Luckily, Dax knew better then to push the issue. Besides, it wasn't even his food to offer. He caught the slight movement of the woman on his left when Dax offered the meat. Lowering his hand, a small cup filled with the poisonous, yet highly beneficial, Hydra Tear Tea, he turned to face the woman. Her garb was a bit surprising, but then again, even he could wear less if he needed too and still feel comfortable.

"Dax is too kind, and yet he is rude while being kind. He should have asked you if it was alright if he could offer me your catch. But he means well." He bowed his head slightly to her. "My name is Skyler Khan. I am going to guess, by the feel of the life force residuals, that you have not known Dax for very long?"

Leaning forward, taking out his other hand, he took a sip of the drink. A slight shiver, followed by a sudden flash of his green eyes and slight violet aura, caused him to smile a bit. He vanished the cup, placing both hands almost directly into the fire. The shadow cloak around his wrists began to thin, trying to keep up its' own regeneration with the sudden increase in light. He looked over to Dax, smiling a bit.

"How have you been? I know you just arrived from Val'Dariah. I can follow your life trail off in that direction. Plus, you smell of Oblivion," he smirked slightly. He closed his eyes, looking through the shadows to the city. A hurricane, a normal occurance, was just starting to reach Val'Dariah as they spoke. "Ah," he smirked, opening his eyes. "you just left in time."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

An ongoing mission Empty
PostSubject: Re: An ongoing mission   An ongoing mission Empty

Back to top Go down

An ongoing mission
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Val'Dariah :: Places, Plains, and Cities :: Spine Mountains-
Jump to: