Val'Dariah
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy based original RPG forum for advanced role players.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Authorities

Trick’o’Treat

29 October - is a special day. This year
 two infamous
vampires and a demon shall
grant the traveling Goth Fair for the
people of Demigora. Many gothic people,
furtune tellers, aura readers and other
esoteric fun shall strike you from behind.
Also the owners promissed many fun games,
lots of good music and awsome prizes for
the best mask.So come, don't miss the fun.

Live Chat

Welcome to Vastwind Tavern. People of ALL races are invited!

Go down 
+19
Skyler
Angelerin_Skye
Akahana Fang
Alex Belmont
Audrey
Sergei
Mae Rachel McCloud
Wraith
Maya Campberleigh
Darque
Shauna de Amorte
Saunatee
Admin
Zero
Lex
Victoria De'Winter
Bryce
Szalor Darkhope
Joyce Christensen
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Szalor

Welcome to Vastwind Tavern.  People of ALL races are invited! Empty
PostSubject: Welcome to Vastwind Tavern. People of ALL races are invited!   Welcome to Vastwind Tavern.  People of ALL races are invited! EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 6:20 pm

He walked in with his cigarette and his smile. His new hope and home; the rebuilt Vastwind Tavern stood large and ready. His products such as food and drink were already delivered and waiting. He smiled and walked in observing his new 'palace.' He laughed at the decor of the Tavern and walked the entire dining area. He marveled at how well everything was constructed. The chairs, tables, and counters all smelled of fresh lacquer. He maneuvered through the room and entered the bar area.

He wondered at the racks for his liquors and smiled at the cases sitting behind the bar. This was his treasure trove ready for his plucking, for, he was the corsair. He smiled at the mirror backing to his shelves; as he lit a cigarette again. His eyes began to glow and he took a moment to utilize one of his abilities. He needed to make sure he wasn't hungry, because he was known to eat entire establishments out of business. He didn't want to do that to himself.

He walked into the kitchen attached to both rooms and felt almost giddy. Everything was ready with lacquered wood or polished iron. The money he had stolen from the Yaggol was ready to be delivered with what he had seen of the Vastwind Tavern. He ran his hand along everything and laughed at the storage for his foods and alcohol. Enough storage to feed nearly two thousand people. The space of the place marveled him and the quality of the establishment was far worth his or should he say, the Yaggol's money in platinum.

He moved upstairs as the last of his tour and observed the conservatively constructed bedrooms. They were modestly decorated and already had linens on the beds. He smiled at the bathing rooms that were privately secured by a curtained area. Privacy was going to be important to some of the people, he noted. He walked to the windows of each room and noted that one side of the establishment's bedrooms faced the inner city and had a perfect view of the immaculate palace. The gardens that could hold a thousand people were effervescent and all his, as per the contract for the land and building. The other side faced the harbor and had a bird's view of the waters, as clean as they were.

He moved downstairs again and made one last marvel to the place he was to call home. He smiled and started to unpack his wines and other liquors. His happiness was of an infinite fold and he would have to thank the De'Winter gentleman for his families assistance and care. He was resigned to continue using them for his wares and goods. He smiled and made way for his new life. His freedom was now almost a certainty. Ah, the women here would be his inspirations for new ideas in his ever curious hobby.
Back to top Go down
Joyce Christensen

Joyce Christensen

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Vastwind Tavern. People of ALL races are invited!   Welcome to Vastwind Tavern.  People of ALL races are invited! EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 2:39 pm

Time has been passing by quickly in that world. Right. She was there
already for almost more than a year and a half. And when you barely
know anyone....time is slinking slower than a snail. Especially when
you know that you will soon run outta of your money. A heavy sigh
escaped her lips. It was hard to find a job in such a place. Desperation
is almost finding it's way into her mind but Joyce had learned that letting
emotion to take over you....is not a good thing when you have a task.
Joyce wandered across the town all by herself. She just was glad at some
point that Bastian was not there with his nearly mocking comments. On
the other hand...his comments about her recently are not as biting as they
were before.This should surely mean something.

Suddenly, when all hope seemed to fade like a mist, an unexpected
chance had been thrown at her by fate like a juicy bone to a hungry
dog. The building before her eyes, across the street did look invitingly.
But Joyce decided not just walk in and speak about the busyness. She
was tired, and hungry as well. She took a deep breath and few minutes
later opened the door up and walked in nearly as graceful and cautiously
as a cat. Grey eyes looking around an empty space. There were no other
people in the tavern. Joyce was alone.

Hello? Anybody here? the alluring voice of hers spoke
in the emptiness and awaits for the response taking a seat at bar counter.
Back to top Go down
Szalor Darkhope

Szalor Darkhope

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Vastwind Tavern. People of ALL races are invited!   Welcome to Vastwind Tavern.  People of ALL races are invited! EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 7:58 am

He listened to the floating thoughts of the people. Such interesting creatures in his opinion. They would be easy to fit into, much like a block into its proper slot. One woman in particular was curious today. He listened in his normal non invasive fashion further to the thoughts of the woman. Her thoughts were unguarded which was very interesting. He did not invade the minds like other telepathic creatures , he simply listened to their surface thoughts. He liked this one because she seemed timid and sweet, but that was just her surface. He wouldn't invade her mind to get his knowledge; no he would learn the way others learned, through verbal communication. This Bastian for instance was an interesting topic for her. She seemed preoccupied with him and was unsure of the feelings between them. In retrospect, they were probably close and potential lovers; another interesting concept he hoped to research

He felt the woman coming closer and suddenly stopping near his establishment. "Ahh, a potential customer," a resounding glee came from him. He had not been human for some time and did not take the norm of Elan personality traits. He had done his crimes and evil in his life and simply found that life is too short even for those a couple of millennium old. He was bent down behind the counter working his placement of bottles, so kindly brought to him by the De'Winters when he felt her approach the bar counter. Her voice to him. was that of an angel and he was sure that she was an interesting woman to be walking around with no one on her arm. She walked around by herself which indicated to him that she could hold her own in a battle. Hearing her effervescent voice he stood up quickly, popping up behind the counter, "Yes milady how may I help you?"
Back to top Go down
Joyce Christensen

Joyce Christensen

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Vastwind Tavern. People of ALL races are invited!   Welcome to Vastwind Tavern.  People of ALL races are invited! EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 10:46 am

How could it happen that the fate had gave her an opportunity all of a sudden? Maybe it decided that she finally deserved for some success instead of the chaos in her life? These grey eyes were cautious thought, she cannot trust anything nor anyone that easily before she would get to know it better. So for now she observes, drifted into her own thoughts trying to chase away Bastian outta of her mind. His name sounds and echoes way too much often in her thoughts. It's like a small stone thrown into the lake that cause surface of the water to ripple from the centre to the shores......She should stop thinking about him. This was eating her.

Suddenly a strange feeling seemed as if something would be tickling her mind. She was not a psionic but at some point she was already aware someone was listening to what she's thinking. Her face expression thought, nothing had ever revealed that she is aware about her being read like an open book. 'For god's sake.....this place looks worse than my own room..' she thought to herself and her thought trailed off as the man popped up behind the bar counter. Her little mind 'attack' has been counter attacked by this man's looks. Joyce felt as if caught out of guard. He was handsome that's for sure. But this man....he had something off about himself that made her comfused. An aura of deep mystery.....the look in his eyes as if witnessing wisdom and knowledge of decades if not more...

Ahmm...Hello. I'd like something to eat and a glass of red wine if you please.
Back to top Go down
Szalor Darkhope

Szalor Darkhope

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Vastwind Tavern. People of ALL races are invited!   Welcome to Vastwind Tavern.  People of ALL races are invited! EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 12:11 pm

He looked at her with a strange curiosity. Her gray eyes impenetrable and her thoughts disappeared. He was slightly amused by her last thought. He mused at her face and cocked his head, "You must have a very antiseptic home indeed." Her words did not affect him, for, he knew that such an organization such as the De'Winters would not allow disorganization in their business dealings. His new home was lacquered and clean. He smiled at her admiring her innocent features.

"Would that be an attack upon me milady?" he would smile at her nodding, "simply ask and I would tell you. Your thoughts surface only, reveal themselves to me." He smiles at her getting her drink of red wine. He analyzes her face trying to learn the bartender's ability to read people. He thinks of the foolish Mindflayers and how they would tear these people to shreds if they ever crossed the portal plane to this place. People like her would not survive and would be enslaved. It was her innocence that brought this on and made him think of the loss of such beauty. This was not affection, but simply appreciation for the gifts of the gods. He stared at her hoping that the Yaggol would not find this place.

Placing her drink down he asks her, "What is the plague on your thoughts my dear? Why are you torturing yourself?" He innocently cocks his head giving his young smile to her, trying to hide the years of self torture for his past.

He looked outside and noticed the wind had picked up. He looked at the woman in front of him. "We have ample time to introduce ourselves properly, no?" his question of the friendliest kind. He glared at the rising wind currents and the rain flowing like water down a drain pipe. He then readied a glass of Draconic ale. "My name is Szalor and yours?" he warmly introduced himself.
Back to top Go down
Joyce Christensen

Joyce Christensen

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Vastwind Tavern. People of ALL races are invited!   Welcome to Vastwind Tavern.  People of ALL races are invited! EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 1:59 am

Suddenly her cautious and serious expression faded like a mist as Szalor's words
brought a friendly smirk to her face. It could seem that her eyes were smiling too.
Please forgive me, sir. I just could not help myself. I simply most usually don't leave
my mind without a guard.
She smiled at the wine placed before her. Delicate almost pale fingers wrapped around the glass elegantly and brought it to her nose. She took into the smell closing her eyes and smiled lightly once more before taking a sip. This is surely one of the best wines I have ever tasted, sir. She smiled placing the glass down onto the bar counter. Her smile faded a little thought as he asked about what is troubling her mind. Surely he already knew the basics but she was not ready to tell things about Bastian for a complete stranger. I'm fine, sir. Do not worry.

Joyce fallowed the gaze of Szalor and glanced outside the window and saw that the wind is greatly raging with the rain. The storm was not something she would hate but she just hoped there will be no lightnings. Too bad memories, too big fear that causes it. Joyce sighed deep within her mind and recollected herself and her thoughts carefully. She took another sip. Well nice to meet you, miser Szalor. she glanced at him finally. I'm Joyce....an I am here to ask if....I could get a job here? she said placing the glass down.
Back to top Go down
Szalor Darkhope

Szalor Darkhope

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Vastwind Tavern. People of ALL races are invited!   Welcome to Vastwind Tavern.  People of ALL races are invited! EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 10:30 am

He smiled pleasantly at her and refilled the amount in the glass. "Well," he smiled at her, "Lady Joyce it is a pleasure." He lifted his eyes to the storm watching the rain falling and the wind blowing. He shifted his eyes for a moment back to her, "I see you've closed off your surface thoughts." He continued to chat with her, "I hope you don't feel that I was intruding; I don't listen to your mind without permission. Surface thoughts can be turned on and off while a person pays attention to them. Usually, though, they are like icebergs on water; simply floating from mind to mind and the only people that can see them are those with psionically receptive minds." He grinned at her looking into her beautiful eyes. He wasn't enamored with her natural beauty, but rather the innocence that she deceived others with using that beauty. He quite enjoyed the game she played with life. This ideal brought her much, he thought, as too information, money, and perhaps lovers. He smiled daringly leaning over the counter, "I am glad you like the wine and don't worry about words; it is the true thoughts behind the words that interest me." He was a true Psionic in the fact that he wouldn't use his power for personal gain unless exigent circumstances required it.

He could feel her uneasiness towards the weather. He was receptive enough to emotions and glances that she looked nervous. "Do not worry about the storm; we are safe in here," he tried to ease any uncertainty. He put down a human delicacy of some cookies, "Here I believe these are chocolate chip?" He wondered at her statement of wanting a job and looked at her. He nodded because at the very worst she knew some people and had friends here. He decided to agree, "What position do you want; what can you do?"
Back to top Go down
Joyce Christensen

Joyce Christensen

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Vastwind Tavern. People of ALL races are invited!   Welcome to Vastwind Tavern.  People of ALL races are invited! EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 3:02 pm

Like wise, mister Szalor. she said with just a slight smile and watched him to refill her glass with the wine. At some point, she could not to explain but at same time she felt nervous and safe in Szalor's presence. One thing she knew - he had most perfect manners and she liked it not that in people, but in a man, always thinking that a true man must know how to behave with lady. And it seemed that Szalor knows it well. She smiled lightly at Szalor's wondering about her closing her mind off from him and shook her head lightly taking a sip of wine and feeling it taking effect already. I didn't. Simply clearing my mind off any thoughts....sometimes mind needs some rest as well as physical body... she. Explanation as logic as no other and no lie that she told. Alcohol or not....but Joyce sensed she was talking a little too much this evening.

I don't worry about the storm itself, mister Szalor, but about what it brings alongside with itself. she smiled at the cookies and accepted them gladly. Anything that is sweet and of chocolate brightens up her day for sure. And as for position...I can do basically everything exept sex. she said smirking. A small little joke, but she hoped it did not offend Szalor. Less she needs now to annoy her future boss and possibly...a good friend and a trusty ear. I can cook well thought.
Back to top Go down
Szalor Darkhope

Szalor Darkhope

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Vastwind Tavern. People of ALL races are invited!   Welcome to Vastwind Tavern.  People of ALL races are invited! EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 9:19 am

He smiled at her comments; she was elegant, yet blunt. She was unsure of something, but he would not dare delve further than he had already. She had a most delicious presence about her and her demeanor gave out an erotic sense about her. She had a most alluring gaze and her voice was enough to entice the senses of any man. Whether she become a cook, waitress, or simply a tender; she would be a success no matter what she did. She was adept at theology and philosophical view; which made his smile widen. He enjoyed a good and intelligent conversation as well as the next man. These things he could simply read from her face and actions. However, it seemed the wine was becoming too much for her. "I have some non alcoholic beverages," he wanted her to feel like she didn't have to drink alcohol in a bar. Simply, though, he was trying to make her more at ease. A thing he did well in his human days as a, well, as a less reputable citizen of Krynn.

He had too agree with her mind and body needing rest statement. He nodded and reinforced with, "Yes, the body does need rest. Though, sleep is the preferred way for humans to rest, isn't it? I must use conjecture to assume that the mind doesn't really rest thought does it? It is still active even when humans or much less humanoids sleep, correct?" He was curious about what she mean about a storm bringing along with itself something, "Please just call me Szalor, ma'am, and I am curious; what did you mean by being nervous with what the storm brings with it?" He smiled and nodded, though, at the sexual comment and retorted, "A true gentleman would never even ask a lady into such a insulting way as to inference sex in a job offer. No, milady Joyce," he continued smiling, even chuckling in his mind, "I will not insult you with unwanted advances. If I desire such things I will simply ask with dinner and romance. Please, though, what position of employment would you truly care for? I have all kinds..." He smirked and allowed his voice to trail off as to insight deeper thought.
Back to top Go down
Joyce Christensen

Joyce Christensen

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Vastwind Tavern. People of ALL races are invited!   Welcome to Vastwind Tavern.  People of ALL races are invited! EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 1:59 pm

Mint milkshake will do then. she said with a smile. Joyce watched him carefully. His admiration was more than clear in the eyes. Eyes that mirrored her hidden confusion. Human's mind is always active whether you are sleeping not. It's simply the difference between when your mind is clear off any thought and when there is a mess and thoughts are spinning around. It's hard to explain but the feeling is wonderful.....thoughts tires mind....and if you don't learn to clear your mind...you can possibly get a constant headache....or worse....as tey say - most physical problems comes from human's psyche..... she trailed off suddenly and finished the the wine he gave to her. A lightning struck very close to the tavern at his question about her words about hte storm. A soft sigh escaped her lips. This, Szalor.....I just hope these storms are not often in this one world.....It would be way too much hard to get used to the flashing lightnings... she said.

Joyce realized she was speaking too much a little but it was just because she's drunk. On the other hand...she would not say too much when being sober. Truth speaks now and honesty as no other. She would actualy hate to not be able speak too much as usually happens. Joyce is already getting used to this Szalor and beginning to feel some....kind of a strange connection. Maybe because of that she receives a feeling of safety. She smiled at his further words, a gentlman as no other that he was. She had admit - he is much of a man of every lady's dream. She would go with him anywhere. Sorry....that was a bad joke, I guess she said. As an answer to his questions there was silence. And the slow longing gaze drifted locking upon a lonely piano in the dark corner then back slowly glanced at the empty glass tainted with remains of red wine. I'm not picky about offered positions....but a dream is a dream....
Back to top Go down
Bryce

Bryce

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Vastwind Tavern. People of ALL races are invited!   Welcome to Vastwind Tavern.  People of ALL races are invited! EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 2:44 pm

He would hurry inside just as the flash of lightning struck the fountain outside. He looked behind him, unfolding his coat and placing it back over his shoulders. He had just missed the rains. For this he was glad. He would have to track so much water into such a lovely establishment. Looking around slowly, walking away from the door, he marvaled at how beautiful the decour was.

"Amazing. Simply amazing. And I thought this place was never going to recover from that fire. I wonder how much the De'Winter's paid to get this place so well shaped up?" he spoke softly to himself. Ten years the Vastwind Tavern had been abandoned. While most of the other buildings within the block district had been torn down and rebuild, for some reason the skeleton of Vastwind Tavern had stayed up. The De'Winters' clearly didn't waste anything. If it could still stand, which clearly it could, even through multiple hurricanes, why not use it?

Looking around, he spotted two people at the bar. Adjusting his collar, he made his way to the bar, wondering if Victoria would be close to follow, or if she was already inside. She had a way of appearing out of no where if she wanted.

"Excuse me? I'm looking for the owner. A one," he pulled out his leather bound book and flipped through it quickly, "Szalor Darkhope?" He looked up, wondering if the man was such as he was looking for.
Back to top Go down
Victoria De'Winter

Victoria De'Winter

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Vastwind Tavern. People of ALL races are invited!   Welcome to Vastwind Tavern.  People of ALL races are invited! EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 3:01 pm

-She would be standing right behind him she would be moving silent like a cat. When she would step to the side of Bryce with the look of a fresh morning flower on her face. Her lips soft and pressed together as she would look around the Tavern that her family spent a lot of money on to have fixed up for this Mr.Szalor Darkhope. Her steps light and quick with grace to her movements as she would walk towards s him slowly she would look over at Bryce for a moment as she remained quiet as he spoke to the man. After he was done specking she would clear her throat for a moment as she would start to speck softly to him-

Mr.Darkhope...I am to assume. My name is Victoria De'Winter we have talked by corresponding letters back and forth. I am very pleased to finely meet you in person.

-She would offer her right hand out to him.-
Back to top Go down
Szalor Darkhope

Szalor Darkhope

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Vastwind Tavern. People of ALL races are invited!   Welcome to Vastwind Tavern.  People of ALL races are invited! EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 3:57 pm

His eyes deepened in color a little as she spoke. Such beautiful words that leave those cherry lips. He was enamored, again not with her beauty necessarily, but the way she articulated the verbal language. He was smiling and taking her in slowly, but surely with each word. She had much going for her; he wondered how long she had been here. From her words he gathered that she didn't like the lightning. He smiled at her and said, "Do not worry I do not believe that the storm will be too encompassing to your mind." His words simply wanted to let her know that she was safe in the establishment. He looked at her eyes to see the confirmation of comfort; lest she still seem hindered by the storm and he would have to go to more delicate words.

A connection of sorts is what drives his mind, though, during their conversation. They look into each others eyes and speak of theology and philosophy. This drives the connection he has and though it is there; he thusly tries to ignore it. He smiles and finishes her mint milkshake, handing it to her. "Here you are Lady Joyce," he smiles a friendly tender smile as he hands the milk shake to her. He smiles having seen her teeter a little and hopes she is alright enough to walk home tonight. He smiles and says, "Your joke is fine." He chuckles, "I myself is known for a bad joke or two." He looks over at the piano at her words of a dream and asks, "Did you want to be a piano player? I mean for your dream?"

As they were talking a man and female walk in. Two more customers to start off my day, how delightful. The man obviously unbeknownst to the woman behind him walks up after making a remark about the quality of his establishment. He smiles at them wondering when the female will come out of hiding behind the man. He queries about why the woman walks behind; when females are clearly superior and should walk beside or more appropriately, in front. He shrugs and responds to the man's question of whom Szalor Darkhope is. He begins to speak and raises his hand to shake the man's when the woman comes out and introduces herself. He turned his attention to the young woman over the man and extended his hand to lightly grasp hers. Planting a small kiss on the edge of her fingers, slightly above her joint he lightly smells the perfume from it. "Un plaisir de vous rencontrer Mme De'hiver; vous regarder positivement divin aujourd'hui."
Back to top Go down
Joyce Christensen

Joyce Christensen

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Vastwind Tavern. People of ALL races are invited!   Welcome to Vastwind Tavern.  People of ALL races are invited! EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 3:23 am

When you have as bad experience as I did I, many would be scared. she said taking the milkshake and sips on it savouring the soft mint flavour. Some memories running across her now clear mind casing a soft sigh escape her lips. Amazing how life can change a person. She missed her old self but can't ever now changed back. On the other hand she now feels more mature....and much more stronger than she was before. Humour is always a good thing. It enlightens the mood and laughter itself is a minor icebreaker. she said with a smile. My dream,Szalor, was not exactly a piano. I generally love music.....and any other kind of art. It's most wonderful kind of beauty, don't you think so?.

A smile crossed her lips before she sipped once more upon her milkshake just before two strangers stepped into the tavern. From what she saw, Joyce gathered this would be an important meeting so she simply trailed off and sat a little aside silently. Regardless her curiosity, Joyce never tends to interfere anyone's busyness unless she sees that she needs to do so for one or another serious reason. She watched the two carefully. The female was rather beautiful giving off a warmth about herself but the male gave some kind of uneasiness to her. She did not like it at all...

(sory for shortness - not feeling too well this morning)
Back to top Go down
Bryce

Bryce

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Vastwind Tavern. People of ALL races are invited!   Welcome to Vastwind Tavern.  People of ALL races are invited! EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 11:48 am

It was a good thing that Szalor was taking an interest with Victoria, for at that exact moment he had picked up the whispers of one fot he council members. He shook his head, chuckling slightly. Let Victoria represent her family. Escpecially since she probably knew that foreign language of Szalor. He wasn't about to try to understand what he just said. He'd go research it later in the library if he remembered.

"Excuse me a moment," he said, bowing slightly.

Walking over to one of the corners, out of ear shot, he pulled out his mirror. He looked down into his reflection, smiling slightly. "I wonder why she is so worried? I just left today. It is only a little hurricane, and not even an ice one that that."

Shrugging, taking a deep breath, he held out his mirror. "Mae."

(to know converstation, look in the palace thread with Mae)
Back to top Go down
Victoria De'Winter

Victoria De'Winter

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Vastwind Tavern. People of ALL races are invited!   Welcome to Vastwind Tavern.  People of ALL races are invited! EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 4:49 pm

"Eh bien je vous remercie pour vos aimables paroles douces Mr.Darkhope J'ai hâte de faire plus d'affaires avec vous."

-She would turn around and see Bryce looking at the both of them funny as she would chuckle at a thought that passed through her mind she would start using English once again.-

"Well as I said earlier I look forward to many meetings with you Mr.Darkhope if there is any thing the De'Winter family can get for you please don't hesitate to let me know and i will make sure that I supply you and your place of business with what you need. Shall we go to a more quiet place and discuss price.?"
Back to top Go down
Szalor Darkhope

Szalor Darkhope

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Vastwind Tavern. People of ALL races are invited!   Welcome to Vastwind Tavern.  People of ALL races are invited! EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 6:26 pm

Szalor only slightly acknowledged the presence of the man in front of him. He seemed preoccupied with a mirror and Szalor could only think of one word, vain. The man seemed to vain if he needed to look into a mirror in the middle of telling him about the town. The surface thoughts simply rolled off of him and Szalor couldn't help but catch them. He simply turned his thoughts and attentions to the young strumpet in front of him.

Well we can indulge ourselves in private if it suits you Madam De'Winter; he looked at her with piercing eyes. "Le plaisir, toutefois, c'est tous mine." Telling her that the pleasure is all his he walks to the back room, undoubtedly with Lady De'Winter in tow.

As he walks away he thinks of Joyce and her fears. Wishes for her to see her dream come to fruition and in Joyce's mind sends a telepathic thought of, "Do not worry my dear, please stay, for I will be back. I want you to never fear or be caused fear in this place, either from storm or person. You are safe here, dear Joyce." He smiles and thinks again sending, yet, another message to her. "Laughter is the greatest healer of the soul and can bind two people together forever; it is much more than an icebreaker, dear Joyce." He sent her one last mental message as he disappeared into the room for business, "Please make yourself at home, dear Joyce. Do not mind our male friend he is tame for the moment...." His smile widens as he turns to face his female counter agent.
Back to top Go down
Joyce Christensen

Joyce Christensen

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Vastwind Tavern. People of ALL races are invited!   Welcome to Vastwind Tavern.  People of ALL races are invited! EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 2:12 am

A smile crossed Joyce face. Szalor seemed to touch her own mind ever so gently when he sent these messages. Indeed she was pondering to leave but when he asked so nicely to stay, she could not turn his request down. Maybe, but just maybe, she will be needed after all? Joyce hoped she will be. A hand lifted the glass to her lips and she took another long sip of her mint milkshake. But the bad sense still seemed to bug her still. Something big was to happen and she could feel it in the air. Her sixth sense never lies to her. Never failed not for once. With a soft sigh she pondered to go behind the bar counter and make herself busy. But decided to just wait. If more people will come and Szalor will not be here, she will change him until he will come again. Joyce nodded some at that thought and kept sipping on her milkshake silently drifting into her own thoughts, returning to her home planet Earth with her thoughts for a while. She pondered if anyone noticed she's gone? Maybe they considered her dead already?
Back to top Go down
Bryce

Bryce

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Vastwind Tavern. People of ALL races are invited!   Welcome to Vastwind Tavern.  People of ALL races are invited! EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 2:12 pm

Waving over the mirror, "End connection," he sighed and turned around. He hated to get calls while conducting business or introductions, but he was at the beck and call of the council. He couldn't just ignore it. Seeing that Szalor and Victoria left to talk in private, he desided to keep himself preoccupied while he waited. He could inspect later, after all.

He took off his glasses for a moment, rubbing them upon his cloak while he walked over to the woman behind the counter. He smiled to her, putting his glasses back on and taking a seat. "Hello madam. If you have it in store, which I believe your boss should, can I get a jade flower ale?" He took out his small coin pouch and placed a small silver coin with an eagle on it on the counter. "A small please, I am still on duty after all."

He took out a second note book, a green leather bound one, and began to take down notes, looking over the establishment where he sat. It was well done. He checked the alcohols on display. "Such a unique collection, but then again, the docks bring in some unique characters." He smiled to her, "You aren't from around here, are you madam? May I ask where you hail from?"
Back to top Go down
Joyce Christensen

Joyce Christensen

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Vastwind Tavern. People of ALL races are invited!   Welcome to Vastwind Tavern.  People of ALL races are invited! EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 2:42 pm

( Well since Szalor and Victoria are talking privately, I think Joyce can talk with Bryce. When privacies will be over we shall make a posting order I think.)

Joyce seemed to totally drift into her thoughts now that she was left alone. The storm was becoming worse but with Szalor being able so talented to calm her down, she felt safe more than ever before. It was obviously because of him. She was surprised how quickly she fell for a stranger, for a man she knew not. How quickly the bond appeared between the two and how good and safe she felt around him being so close. On the other hand, whenever he disappeared with Victoria, she's been left alone. With Bryce. With a werewolf. A creature she always feels cautious around doesn't matter what others say. And when Szalor mentioned him in her mind ever so carefully, Joyce glanced at the man carefully and continued to sip on her milkshake. The nervousness was slowly increasing and because of that the milkshake ended up quicker than she wanted it to.

A soft sigh escaped her lips at that and at herself, at how pathetic she feels for being so cautious around any stranger that she is. Even his voice nearly made her jump upon her stool as he spoke. Strangely how he thought that she was a tender, because she wasn't yet, nor she stood behind the counter where tenders does. Uhm...hello, sir. she said and let out a soft sigh. Quickly managed to walk behind the counter and found exactly what he wanted then poured Jade ale into the small mug and placed it in front of him.Not a tender yet but I believe Szalor has anything a customer would want. Even a picky one. she said taking the coin and putting it to it's respectable place. That done. Joyce now was going to return to her place where she sat before but his voice stopped her. Amazing how observant and smart people of Demigora where. Or she thought so. As if he would have read her thoughts on her face. Was that much obvious that she is not a local person here? A soft sigh escaped her lips.Uh...No I'm not from around here, sir. My home sadly far, way too much far from here. Strangely I do not feel the terrible longing to it yet.....
Back to top Go down
Bryce

Bryce

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Vastwind Tavern. People of ALL races are invited!   Welcome to Vastwind Tavern.  People of ALL races are invited! EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 3:00 pm

Smiling slightly, he picked up his ale and took a sip, only a small sip, before placing it back down. He nodded slightly, sitting back and writing in his notebook. "Yes, well, I know how that is. My home is two thousand miles to the north in the Lycan Kingdom." He had taken notice of how nervous she was. He stopped writing and looked at her. "I can understand your fear of my kind, being new to these parts. But I can assure you that I am not dangerous, I assure you. I have a duty to this city. To the citizens and guests as well."

He took another sip of his ale, looking around the room. "I am sorry, I just thought you were his employee. I didn't mean to insult you, if I did. My appologize." He said, bowing his head to her slightly. He didn't mean to assume anything.
Back to top Go down
Joyce Christensen

Joyce Christensen

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Vastwind Tavern. People of ALL races are invited!   Welcome to Vastwind Tavern.  People of ALL races are invited! EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 3:23 pm

Uhm.. she blinked at him. The word 'Lycan' made her shadder slightly. It was not the fear for the danger he might or might not cause to her. But she simply did not want to get too much close to a werewolf or a lycan that he was. Past events were too much painful to remember, bringing memories of her dead sister and her ex that he surely secretly blamed her for Evie's death. She shook her head finally at his words. Nope. My home is even not on this strange planet. At least as much as I found out. she muttered and got to herself a glass of red wine. She was sure Szalor would not mind. Well maybe he would not just want her drunk as he loved to talk to her when she's more sober. But at this moment...she felt the need for the wine. A sigh escape her lips at herself before she took a sip. None taken.I'm not employee...yet. But indeed I came here for a job. Much possibly I will get one here. Hopefully. Szalor seems to think I'd be a good employee....so I would not disappoint him...
Back to top Go down
Bryce

Bryce

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Vastwind Tavern. People of ALL races are invited!   Welcome to Vastwind Tavern.  People of ALL races are invited! EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 4:09 pm

Taking another sip of his ale, his eyes began to look around the room. He wanted to make sure there were no safety hazzards. Not that he didn't trust his old family friends to do anything too illegal. Upon hearing that her home wasn't even upon this planet, he turned back to her, letting her finish talking about being a hopeful employee.

Lifting his cup to her, still feeling how nervous she still was, he saluted her. "Well, here is to you getting a new job." He took another sip before setting his cup down. He reached into his money pouch and took out a few gold coins. "Now, I won't take no for an answer. Since you are new here, and in need of a job, I would like you to take these seven gold coins. It may seem like much, but trust me, this city is expensive. I don't want you to worry about paying me back either. I was a broke young man when I first came here to defend this city over a thousand years ago."

He sat back a bit, "And in case you didn't know, our travel hub does have a connection to Earth." He smiled at her. "Some of the citizens of Demigora have visited there. I have been meaning to go myself, but I am afraid my work keeps me from traveling. One day, after the next elections, I hope to go home for a week or two, see my family."

He looked out the window, smiling slightly. The storm was still raging on, yet one could never tell by the protection wards upon the building. At least the storm swells were being held back by the dikes and damns. They really did need more mages to protect this city as it grew in size along the coast.
Back to top Go down
Victoria De'Winter

Victoria De'Winter

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Vastwind Tavern. People of ALL races are invited!   Welcome to Vastwind Tavern.  People of ALL races are invited! EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 5:12 pm

-She would move silently along side him. Her long white hair would bounce off her slender well rounded shoulders as she would look back at Bryce for a second and looks straight ahead again. They would enter a small room it was modest for the most part and clean. she would look the man in the face her yellow eyes holding many secrets and talents as she would size him up for the time being. Her voice would be low and clear as she shut the door and started specking to the man before her now.-

"Well I am glad that you new business adventure is turning out so well for you. So lets cut to the chase the De'Winter family charges by shipment and effort it takes to get the items you need. But since I am the one that you will be dealing with from now on I will only charge you for the shipment. So this shipment that came at your request is going to cost you 600 gold it was a small shipment and almost very easy to get. The price goes up with items that I have to risk my neck for. "
Back to top Go down
Szalor Darkhope

Szalor Darkhope

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Vastwind Tavern. People of ALL races are invited!   Welcome to Vastwind Tavern.  People of ALL races are invited! EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 5:39 pm

He looks at her with wide eyes. There was no need to negotiate. He looked at with wide eyes again. He shook his head and laughed to himself. The De'Winter family had payed to have this place completely remodeled and had shipped in ale of EVERY kind. There was literally something for everyone. He kept shaking his head and said, "Lady De'Winter....I stole a lot of money and I mean a lot of money from a race of Mindflayers called the 'Yaggol.' You are telling me that the refurnishing, shipment, man hours, delivery, and the time it took you to come out here and deal that paltry sum, is only worth six hundred gold?" He looked at her with wide eyes some more. If this was the negotiation then he wouldn't need anyone else to deliver his goods. He looks at her and thinks that if you can get anything that I need with your prices; I will never go to anyone else again. He places a bag on the table and said, "Sweet cheeks, here is five thousand gold for your trouble and for delivering that inane sum. I am a fair customer of your family and will not deal that low for your services. I want them in the future Mrs. De'Winter."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Vastwind Tavern. People of ALL races are invited!   Welcome to Vastwind Tavern.  People of ALL races are invited! Empty

Back to top Go down

Welcome to Vastwind Tavern. People of ALL races are invited!
Page 1 of 11Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Val'Dariah :: City of Val'Daria :: Taverns :: Vastwind Tavern-
Jump to: