Val'Dariah
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy based original RPG forum for advanced role players.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Authorities

Trick’o’Treat

29 October - is a special day. This year
 two infamous
vampires and a demon shall
grant the traveling Goth Fair for the
people of Demigora. Many gothic people,
furtune tellers, aura readers and other
esoteric fun shall strike you from behind.
Also the owners promissed many fun games,
lots of good music and awsome prizes for
the best mask.So come, don't miss the fun.

Live Chat

Alone with his thoughts

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Wraith

Wraith

Alone with his thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Alone with his thoughts   Alone with his thoughts EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 11:34 pm

Alone at last to walk the dock district of Val'Dariah, Wraith couldn't help but feel a bit tired. It wasn't that his body or mind was tired, but more like his spirit. He hated how he needed to rely on others to see what his angelic powers were doing. Not that they were bad, but he was an archangel, a soldier angel. Sure he could heal, but his biggest powers were that of destroying.

Running a hand through his hair, he sighed greatly, turning down the street towards the docks themselves. He watched the city workers clear the debris the hurricane had caused the night before. There were still dark clouds ont he horizon, but that was a normal thunderstorm. One storm after another to hit this city. No wonder the mages were so well respected. Were it not for their spells, this city would have crumbled a long time ago.

His cloudy blue eyes looked around, and even though he was blind, his second sight acted like his true sight through his eyes. Things were different looking, but then again, he had long forgot what things looked like with normal eyes. He could possess someone to see through normal eyes, but that was not his style. He was not like his family, and he had to keep reminding him of that.

At long last he came to the docks. Most of the ships were already gone, leaving the moment the storm had passed. The docks protected them from the rising tides, but they all had cargo and passangers to carry to their destinations. A hurricane only lasted a day, but it would last longer for the ships who knew about the hurricanes three days in advance. Only the fastest ships could get around them following the coast.

Sitting with his chin upon his knees, he watched the carrion birds fly and dive all around the shallows. Sighing softly, he closed his eyes to the world, allowing himself to be truly blind. "Where do I belong?"
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Sunaro

Phoenix Sunaro

PostSubject: Re: Alone with his thoughts   Alone with his thoughts EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 12:48 am

The world was peaceful, the pandemonium of waves clashing together just the night before having placated into the tranquil beauty of the sea once again. Yet a heart still held turmoil, filled with storm clouds more merciless than any chaotic hurricane. Havoc caused within the heart created scars the bled through the bandages of time. Yet through this mass of confusion, a melodic tune caressed the wind. The song traveled in the tone of a coo, as if a dove were singing in the morning mist.

It was not a dove, but something much more glorious.

A phoenix was nestled upon one of the dock rooftops, beck shining under the veiled Sun as she sung like a wolf under the moon. Flames licked across her large body, extending nearly sixteen feet in height, each crimson feather radiating with illustrious light and heat—yet the tiles of the roof did not capture the fire. The phoenix stretched her wings as her song reached a new pitch, emphasizing the beauty of the song with her own mystifying ambience.

It wasn’t until the song faded with the zephyr that she opened her eyes and glanced down at the troubled young man. Ruby orbs reflected wisdom, kindness, and understanding at she gazed at him. Then a feminine voice massaged deep within his mind.

Discovering who we are is a quest many will take, but few will complete. You must not only journey the galaxies, but the heart within.

Closing her eyes, a thoughtful visage melted upon her feathered countenance. Then she dived, movement quick but with the grace of swan. Wings fluttered skillfully as she landed upon the surface of the ground not but twenty feet from Wraith. Glancing down, she continued to stare at him with a kind face.

Forgive my intrusion, but your emotions pour out into the sky and could not help but touch my heart. I am Sunaro. May I ask what ails you?
Back to top Go down
Wraith

Wraith

PostSubject: Re: Alone with his thoughts   Alone with his thoughts EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 11:30 am

As he sat, he heard the melodic tune. It was soothing, just as his own angelic voice was to others. It was nice, but it could only take away the surface pain of his mind. He could tell a phoenix when he heard one, for he had a pet one back home. They were not uncommon upon Demigora, just like the nightmare horses, or the unicorns, or any other creature that caused one to relax or shake with fear just by hearing them.

Suddenly he looked up, as the words entered his mind. Was he that off guard that he could be spoken too directly? That was a bit troublesome, but the phoenix. he felt, meant him no harm. He sighed and began to rock where he sat slowly.

Feeling her fly towards him then land, he turned his blind eyes to her and smiled kindly. He was still a low prince, whatever that meant, and so still had manners. He bowed his head slightly to her, his white hair cascading over his face.

"My name is Wraith Khan. And I wish I knew what truly ailes me, Ms. Sunaro. If I knew that answer, I could easily find the cure." He sighed and sat back, watching the approaching thunder storm. "I just want to know my place in this world. Oh Grandpa Lex, why did you really kill most of the Angels?"

Back to top Go down
Phoenix Sunaro

Phoenix Sunaro

PostSubject: Re: Alone with his thoughts   Alone with his thoughts EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 7:15 pm

Khan…it was a last name what she was oddly familiar with. It brushed the dust off forgotten memories, memories she had long left behind, but never truly lost. Yet Sunaro did not touch upon the nostalgic images of her old master, for it was only a name, and Wraith’s inner conflict was much more fascinating. She spoke none and only listened to his worries at first, but his last sentence was one she could not ignore.

Lexal Khan

She repeated mentally, her beak chirping in an intrigued manner. Could it be possible that this young man was related to her old mentor from many years ago? Ruffling her ignited feathers, Sunaro continued to ponder on the thought—observing Wraith with a scientific gaze. Yes—yes he did resemble Lex in some manner. A streak of amusement, though out of place in this situation, transpired upon her face. Indeed, it was a small world—she wondered when her journey across the dimensions would lead her to old companions. Alas, she kept her thoughts to herself. Lifting her beak, she glanced up just as he did, unappreciative of the upcoming storm.

“Sometimes…to find where we must go, we must start at the beginning. If this Lex’s actions dictate upon your identity, then you should face him. And gain it back. ”

She continued to look highly amused. She advised this because she had been through the same turmoil. Discovering one's purpose and identity was a strenuous task. While the phoenix had captured her identity, she still strived to find her purpose.

“You may look to the heavens and ask many questions, but the only answers you shall receive are your own thoughts.”
Back to top Go down
Wraith

Wraith

PostSubject: Re: Alone with his thoughts   Alone with his thoughts EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 9:25 pm

Hearing her words in his head, he couldn't help but contemplate what she was telling him. They were words of truth, in some sense of the name. But not truths he could easily place with himself. Not with his family. Not with the turmoils of being an angel in a demonic world back home. Hell, his own twin brother had managed to blind him. Sure, they were just kids, but still to this day he never once appologized. Just scolded him for not being more careful. As if he intended to get blinded on purpose. Though, it did bring about more of a connection with Kat.

Looking back at her, his blind eyes slowly opening, a sigh escaped his lips. "You don't know my grandpa Lex. He has been around for a very long time. Almost six thousand years to be exact. Older, if you count his time roaming the different dimentions and realms that never aged him. He is a necromancer and an assassin. His reputation is not the best for the family. Never the less, if it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be here. Nor would my dad, Skyler Khan." He took another deep breath and smiled at her.

It was nice having the phoenix to talk too. He felt better about himself with her around. Everyone did have a place, did have an identy. Of course, not everyone knew what they were. It was just something he needed to find out.
Back to top Go down
Strife

Strife

PostSubject: Re: Alone with his thoughts   Alone with his thoughts EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 11:32 pm

The ship was rundown and roting. He wanted it that way, he didnt like showing off, it just wasnt him. The rails were starting to splinter and the paint was bubbling up. The air around him was salty and fresh, something he would have to get used to again. His hair a dirty blond was just long enough to cover his eyes would be blown about as what seemed to be the only ship coming into the docks moved towards land. His sky blue eyes serching the docks for life and sees what looks to be fire "odd" he says to no one particular but makes no move as if he was worried. If it had been a danger things would have been more lively on the docks but they seemed dead at the moment. He shrugs and turns to look back at the captin, a not so plesent man and would not be who he would use on his return home...when ever that was. He left the top deck only long enough to get his only bag and slung it over his shoulder and waited at the exit of the ship as it pulled up to the dock. He could now see what the fire was....a phoenix and just beyond that a young man....no it was Wraith. Why was he here alone. He would have to find out but first lets just say hello. "Wraith" he calls out from the end of the dock as he slowly makes his way over to him and the beautiful and large phoenix.
Back to top Go down
Wraith

Wraith

PostSubject: Re: Alone with his thoughts   Alone with his thoughts EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 9:47 pm

He had taken notice of the ship coming into docking, but it was so bad that he thought nothing of it. He was more focused on the phoenix more then anything. She kept him in better spirits, even though he felt bad.

And then he heard his name being called out. He looked over and went wide eyed. He jumped up, "Uncle Strife!" He smiled and appeared next to his uncle, wrapping his arms around him in a big hug. "What are you doing...."

But that was when he felt it. He looked up suddenly, feeling the power flooding the city. He let go of his uncle and took a few steps back.

"Dad...and grandpa...No."

He looked to Strife, then back to the phoenix, a bit lost.

"I have to go stop them....but...I....what can I do with them?"
Back to top Go down
Strife

Strife

PostSubject: Re: Alone with his thoughts   Alone with his thoughts EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 10:27 pm

Seeing wraith appear next to him and hug him he smiles and hugs him back dropping his bag. Then suddenly he feels something terrible and looks off towards the arena and sighs feeling all the power then nothing. Turning to wraith he pats his shoulder and nods to him "let's go to them...they will need voices of reason right" he says smiling at him and picks his bag up throwing it back over his shoulder and then was gone like he had never been there.
Back to top Go down
Wraith

Wraith

PostSubject: Re: Alone with his thoughts   Alone with his thoughts EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 10:45 pm

He turned to Sunaro, shaking his head. "I am sorry. My family is fighting. I need to go to them."

Bowing to her, he pushed his angelic powers up. He couldn't use the shadows to walk, for they hurt him as he used them. The arena, for it was the only place that could hold that kind of power, was too far for him to just jump too. He didn't have his father's divine step.

His powers rose drastically, allowing his angelic halo and wings to appear. It was rare that he brought out his wings. Spreading them out, he jumped and took flight off towards the arena. He needed to get to his family.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Sunaro

Phoenix Sunaro

PostSubject: Re: Alone with his thoughts   Alone with his thoughts EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 9:09 pm

She looked amused, if only Wraith had known the truth, and his talks of Skyler Khan had only confirmed Lex’s identity. However, when the beak of the Sunaro opened to respond to his inquisitive remarks, she was interrupted by the call of Strife, who had appeared from the dock. A curious coo purred from her throat but she remained silent—delighted at the smile plastered on Wraith’s face from the reunion, but then immediately disturbed at the following news. Lex and Skyler were fighting? Upon closer glance at this newcomer, the phoenix was only more curious.

Uncle Strife?

Lex sure knew how to expand his family. The thought of family conflict was one that brought nostalgic yet painful memories of the quarrels between she and her husband—it never concluded with joyous laughs, hugs, and kisses. An obligation weighed upon on her chest—it appeared her mentor was in distress just as his grandson was but moments ago, she couldn’t twiddles her –ahem- talons and wait it out.

I will go with you.

And what was all she said before her wings pounded against the ground, a rush of heat bursting form their ambience and she took to the skies. Closing her eyes for a moment, then took in the surroundings. Lex’s potent energy embraced her like a warming blanket. Another flap of her wings and the phoenix disappeared in a streak of flames across the town.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alone with his thoughts   Alone with his thoughts Empty

Back to top Go down

Alone with his thoughts
Page 1 of 1