Val'Dariah
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy based original RPG forum for advanced role players.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Authorities

Trick’o’Treat

29 October - is a special day. This year
 two infamous
vampires and a demon shall
grant the traveling Goth Fair for the
people of Demigora. Many gothic people,
furtune tellers, aura readers and other
esoteric fun shall strike you from behind.
Also the owners promissed many fun games,
lots of good music and awsome prizes for
the best mask.So come, don't miss the fun.

Live Chat

A quest of unknowns.

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Skyler
Admin
Skyler

A quest of unknowns. Empty
PostSubject: A quest of unknowns.   A quest of unknowns. EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 7:38 pm

Training with Drakkaius and Dax had been fun, keeping him occupied and alert, not to mention stronger for it. Though Drakkaius spoke too little, and Dax spoke mostly of lost loves, time spent with them was worth the short comings of each man. But it was time to go out into the universe and find out about himself. He was trying to be stronger then his father, Lex, and so figured to go to the places Lex had been to see what he had done there. First stop, Earth.

He leaned up against the wall of his house, waiting for the sun to move ever so slightly more towards the horizon. The shadow the house was creating wasn't big enough just yet for him to walk upright through. He really didn't feel like bending over, limiting his options for the connection. Dax was resting inside the house, and Drakkaius was back where he belonged. He knew the area was in good hands for him to leave. Dravin seemed to embrace and welcome him as a new son, which was what he needed.

He took a deep breath and stepped into the shadow. His destination was a quiet, sparsly populated area upon Earth. He was hoping to arrive somewhere in the classical era, as he father had told him. Magic and might were common for such a time, and the shadows could take him back there. Of course he just hoped that his ear for languages could pick up the local tongues, wherever he was going to arrive at.

Moments later Sky appeared through the shadow of a tall, mangled tree. The sky overhead was slightly cloudy, from what he could tell through the canopy. Thousands of trees, well spread out, surrounded him. The sound of birds and a near by stream reached his ears. He took a deep breath and knelt down, placing his hand upon the ground. His powers connected with the world, instantly showing his surroundings for over two hundred miles. There was plenty of arcane and divine threads within the world. He had arrived at the right place.

He stood up, the shadow cloak around his body vanished, leaving him in his black silk shirt, black silk long shorts, and black dragon skin boots. He stretched, enjoying the fresh air of the forst.

"Now...to find out about my father's messing arounds," he spoke softly to himself.
Back to top Go down
Byblis

Byblis

PostSubject: Quite an apperance   A quest of unknowns. EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 7:57 pm

The birds sang their noisy yet soothing songs to each other. There was a commotion all around. The trees whispered of the new disturbence in their midst. Even the sky called out about a new comer. However, Byblis was not interested at the moment. She was tired still and relaxing oh so perfectly in her tree perch. Her favorite was the mulberry trees. They were so inviting and soothing, offer as much shade as they could muster. As she closed her eyes and tried to drift back off, the trees started to insist even more about the visitor. Byblis opened her eyes and looked to the ground. "I see no visitors, I see nothing moving below. Now be still and allow me sleep." Squirming herself back into her leaned back position on the tree, she closed her eyes. This time, the tree would not have it. It rustled it's leave so, that the young woman was bombarded with gentle taps and slaps to the face and torso. "Very well, I will rise then." Leaping from the branch, the woman landed almost silently on the ground. After a glaring glance up at her tree, she turned and went on her way. Heading for the lake, she decided to freshen up, however, the news of the intruder was almost too much to ignore. "So be it, where is this visitor to the woods?" Heading on to the river, she listened as the creatures around her told her where the visitor was. She nodded and acknowledged the information but still wanted to freshen up, especially if there were to be guests.

Kneeling to the river's edge, she scooped up some water in her hands and rubbed it carefully over her face and across her neck, then down over her arms. It felt good, cool and crisp. It was refreshing, especially when she cupped some to her mouth and took a deep drink. Running the rest of it across her neck, she stood up and wiped her hands on her thighs to dry them off. Turning around, she looked for the person. "So, where is this person?" She asked the birds as she walked along to greet the hopefully pleasant creature.
Back to top Go down
Skyler
Admin
Skyler

PostSubject: Re: A quest of unknowns.   A quest of unknowns. EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 8:16 pm

He noticed the commotion, and the rustling of the trees, though there was no wind. It was interesting to him that such things would be going on. Was this forest truly alive? He shook his head, shrugging slightly. It didn't matter. He was just passing through, so he decided to pay no mind to it. He took a deep breath, looking around. He had no idea where to start. He chuckled, looking down at the ground.

"I should have planned this better, shouldn't I have father?" He looked back up to the sky. "You're probably laughing at me right now. Enjoy it, for when I come home, you'll be laughing from your perminant grave."

He spotted a hidden animal trail and decided to follow it. The stream was near by, and there was a lake as well. According to the sky above, it was getting close to dusk. He needed to find a sheltered place to start his journy from in the morning. Not that he was tired, but considering where he was at, in a new world, he needed to take precautions.

Stepping onto the trail, he slowly made his way through the forest, picking up fallen twigs and gathering berries and mushrooms he passed along. He didn't know what was toxic and what was edible, but that didn't matter. His demon stomach, along with the poison ward upon his soul, made it impossible for him to be poisoned by anything. Of course, this world wasn't home. His protection wards and bloodline might not protect him as well. But it still didn't matter. He needed nurishment. His powers had been drained on Dravin, having trained so hard. He was almost happy with his skills.

At long last he found an open area to rest. He walked around, cleaning up the area. He grabbed some rocks and placed them in a circle, putting down the twigs into the center. He then placed the food upon a spare rock that was large enough to hold them. Checking to see that he was alone, he placed his hand into the pile of twigs. Suddenly his hand was engulfed in red fire, igniting the dry twigs. He removed his hand and knelt down, warming himself by the fire, completely relaxed.
Back to top Go down
Byblis

Byblis

PostSubject: Quite an apperance   A quest of unknowns. EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 8:32 pm

Folding her arms over her chest, she quirked a brow. As she leaned against the tree, she watched as the stranger walked past her and to his resting spot. She kicked weight from her leaning post and followed him quietly. Her arms were still crossed over her chest as she stopped at the edge of the clearing in which he was resting. As he ignited the fire with bare hand, she raised her brow again in amazment. Only did the gods have powers such as those. And this man was no god she had ever seen, or knew. News of births, especially those of gods and demi-gods, traveled the fastest on the whispers of the winds, and the trees talked with the wind the most. This wasn't a god, this was a different creature. "Interesting." She whispered to herself before she took another step closer.

"Are you a god?" She said to announce herself, her arms still folded, her step was one of a bit of defiance. This was her woods, and she wouldn't be scared here. Along with her defiant stance however she always smiled so the man would know that she was kind. Her arms uncrossed and her hands came to rest on her hips. "I know of no human that can produce flame from flesh." She stepped one step closer, her head tilting to the side as she tried to get a thorough look of him. "I am willing to say that you are not from here, are you? Do you come from Greece?"

She stepped another single step closer. Her deep bright green eyes watched him carefully, the setting sun dancing off her golden brown hair, giving her a strange glow like that of a halo. The trees rustled to her and she glanced up to them, shushing them faintly before looking back to the curious man.
Back to top Go down
Skyler
Admin
Skyler

PostSubject: Re: A quest of unknowns.   A quest of unknowns. EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 8:44 pm

He was just about to get fully relaxed when the sudden words struck his ears. He looked up, keeping a neutral expression upon his face. There was no way he missed a life form near him, was it? He placed his hand upon the ground again as she talked, allowing his powers to interpret her foreign tongue. It only took a few moments, but as he started to understand her, a smile began to appear across his face. His eyes never lost the woman, who for all he could tell, was a woman for sure. Her body was rather nice. He almost got lost to her beauty, when the last of her words struck him.

"Greece?" he asked slowly. He knew that name from somewhere. Was his father there in one of the many bedtime stories of Earth? He shook his head slowly. "No...I am not from Greece, nor am I a god. At least, I don't believe I am?"

He didn't know how much to tell her. He should have been more careful about lighting the fire, especially with his demonic powers. It was the only way he could wield elements. And it was too difficult to switch over to his angelic ability when he was so use to using his demonic. It was in his blood, after all.

He smiled softly, his emerald green eyes shining due to the fire, "I am just a simple traveller. A scholar, if one would." He was amazed at how well he was picking up her language. He removed his hand from the ground, lowering his power level. "My name is Skyler, but everyone I know calls me Sky. What is your name?"
Back to top Go down
Byblis

Byblis

PostSubject: Re: A quest of unknowns.   A quest of unknowns. EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 9:06 pm

She took another small step forward, nodding at his answers. "I am Byblis, I have no special name as you do. I am from this forest and my friends," she said with a small gesture of her hand towards the trees, "... told me of a visitor, I am assuming they meant you." She took another step forward, before kneeling down on the ground. Her eyes moved to the fire, of which she kept a very safe distance. "I have never seen man produce flames as you have. It is quite the gift that the gods have bestowed upon you." She looked his clothes over very carefully. They were very strange indeed. "You are not from Greece, but I also believe you are not from anywhere around here. Even the gods do not have the materials you are wearing." She said as her eyes glanced over his strange shiny shirt.

"So as a traveler and scholar, what do you do exactly as I have little knowledge of life outside these woods. I am aware of what a scholar is... but not of what they do. Are you a mentor, or do you just philosophize to the masses?" She leaned back and rested her weight on her hands. Glancing over to the small pile of berries he had, she frowned slightly. "You would do well to find other sources of food. While those are not bad for you, they are the most bitter berries in the forest. Just there," she said with a small gesture of her chin, ".. are some berries that are purple and blue, those are the ones to make a meal from." She nodded with a smile, enjoying the thought of those delicious berries. "I can find you some if you would like." She said, sitting up and brushing the dirt from her hands.
Back to top Go down
Skyler
Admin
Skyler

PostSubject: Re: A quest of unknowns.   A quest of unknowns. EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 9:20 pm

Sky picked up a handful of berries that he had picked and smiled, placing them in his mouth. Indeed they were bitter, but nothing unlike some of the things he had been eating before, like roots and bark skin from home. "If you would like to get those berries, I will not protest. But why waste what I already got?"

He smiled at her, leaning back, holding up his hand. Just above his palm a small red flame appeared, casting his features in a soft red hue. The flame stood still, not moving like a true flame, yet still as if stone. Slowly the flame color changed into a soft blue hue, before falling upon his hand as water. It fell from his palm onto the ground, feeding the flower that he had carefully kept an eye upon.

"A scholar I am, and where I am from, is someone who studies all that he or she can. I learn the skills of those that came before, those that are, and the way of the world itself and how it works in balance with nature." He smiled at her. "I could mentor, if one asked for my services, and I could speak to the crowds, if they needed to hear my words."

He sat forward again, placing his hands over the fire, warming them up. If Byblis had noticed, which he wasn't sure she had, it would be noted that the twigs within the encircled fire pit had not ignited. They were not being destroyed by his fire. It was an illusion.

"So this is your forest? You live here then, by yourself?" He knew what it was to be alone. That was for sure. He kept his hands over the fire, watching her with interest.
Back to top Go down
Byblis

Byblis

PostSubject: Re: A quest of unknowns.   A quest of unknowns. EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 9:34 pm

She smiled brightly, and shook her head. "I am not alone." She looked up to the trees that started to gently sway as though they were trying to comfort the pair. "See?" she smiled and swayed with the trees. "I have my family, the trees, my friends, the birds, and my teachers, the wind." She inhaled deeply. "There is nothing better than being completely surrounded by those you love, and those who love you." She lost her smile softly, hoping that she didn't hit a tender subject. "Although sometimes it is hard to be with those you wish to be with." She slowly and gracefully rose to her feet and headed to a small bush hidden in the shadows of a grand mulberry tree. She came back with two large bushels of berries. Purple berries with blue-green leaves. Handing them over to him, she smiled. "This will be your after dinner treat." She sat down, again keeping very clear of the fire. It was a natural avoidence, since she knew what fire does to wood. Not that she was made of wood, but if that fire ever consumed her tree, she would feel it, and she would die as well. Picking one of the berries from the sprig, she puts it to her lips and bites down. A deep purple juice spills from it, which she uses to rub over her lips, giving her deep brown skin a purple tint. She then popped the berry into her mouth and ate it.

Licking the extra juice from her lips, she smiled. "Please, try one, you will enjoy it I am certain." Picking another berry, she held it out to him to take. "Please." She heard a rustle of trees, causing her to look up. "Oh well that is disappointing, a storm will be coming soon."
Back to top Go down
Skyler
Admin
Skyler

PostSubject: Re: A quest of unknowns.   A quest of unknowns. EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 1:52 pm

He couldn't help but watch her. His senses were at a very heighten state, only cause she was so hard to pick out from the forest. Sure, his eyes and ears could find her easily enough, but his powers...She was completely masked from him. It was slightly frustrating, only cause he wanted to make sure there were no others about, spying on him. Not that he was a paraniod person, but he was in a new place. One could never be too careful.

As Byblis got up and went to the berry bush, he quickly closed his eyes and concentrated. Maybe he needed to change his power type to sense her. Focusing hard, and making sure his aura didn't appear around his body, his senses quickly changed over from the corrupt form of the demon inside, to the holy form of the angel he was as well. He watched her returned with the new berries, finishing off the bitter ones he had gathered. He took a deep breath and let his senses slowly return outward. Still nothing.

He watched her eat the first berry, and couldn't help but feel the excitement inside of him spark. It actually caught him off guard. He did admit that the female before him was quite intoxicating to look at, and the way she moved, and now ate the fruit, was rather sensual, if not at all sexual. It was rather interesting to him, how he could feel this way. He had only slept with two women his entire life; his wife Raven and his sister Kathrine. He normally wasn't a sexual person, mainly cause of his parents deviant ways.

He smiled, taking the berry from her. "Thank you. Maybe something sweet will do, even though the bitter berries weren't all that bad, in my opinion." He took a bite of the berry, trying hard not to let the juice spill out of his lips. He chouldn't help but laugh, reaching for one of the mushrooms, a white one he had found growing at the base of an oak. He took another bite of the berry, slowly bringing the mushroom to his lips.

Last edited by Skyler on Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Byblis

Byblis

PostSubject: Re: A quest of unknowns.   A quest of unknowns. EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 4:42 pm

Licking her lips clean, she rolled a few of the extra berries around in her hand. Her eyes were on him, just taking him in, almost like studying a new breed of creature that she had never seen before, and didn't want to soon forget. As he lifted the mushroom to his lips, she couldn't help but look confused and questioningly.

"Are you familiar with these woods? And the flora that grows here?" She glanced between his eyes, lips and the mushroom in his hand. She smiled gently. It was obvious she wasn't trying to deter him from his dinner, was just making sure he was aware of what he was doing, in a land he didn't belong to.

Picking up another berry, she popped it into her mouth without the grand display of the first on. Her tongue snaked out over her lips as she finished the small treat. Settling the rest of the berries on his make shift plate, she sighed softly. "So are you just going to rest here, or do you have a home to stay in?" She asked with a deep yawn, stretching her arms up over her head. She moaned as she released her stretch and looked back over to him.
Back to top Go down
Skyler
Admin
Skyler

PostSubject: Re: A quest of unknowns.   A quest of unknowns. EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 4:54 pm

He finished the berry and stopped from eating the mushroom. It was an unusual, if not correct, question to ask him. No, he wasn't familiar with the flora. He chuckled, lowering his hand that had the mushroom. Clearly it was dangerous, otherwise she wouldn't have said anything about it. "I don't want you to worry about me. I'm immune to poison. My father placed a protective spell upon my soul. He said he didn't want anything to happen to me." He plopped the mushroom in his mouth and chewed it quickly, swallowing it. Instantly he knew there was something wrong with the mushroom. It indeed did have toxins about it that clearly were harmful to humans. His demonic powers inside him quickly went to work making sure his internal orgams, like his stomach, were well coated with his blood. But, just as the toxins began to seep into his stomach, the ward upon his soul flashed in his mind, vanishing the poison itself, leaving only the contents of the mushroom.

He sighed heavily, sitting back. "Ok, no more of those." He smiled at her, looking up at the trees above them. "Actually, I don't have a home anywhere near here. I'm not from these lands." He didn't know how much to tell her. Did she know about other planets? Let alone the creatures from them. Maybe if he just said some far away land, that would suffice for now. His actions alone must have been rather intriguing to her.

"Storms don't bother me. I kinda sensed one was on its' way. I'm just glad, if it does rain, that the fire won't go out. I don't really like being cold, and right now I'm rather comfortable."

He slowly stood and stretched himself, his bones and joints cracking rather loudly. Were he fully human, he guessed he'd be riddled with arthitus. Especially his back and knees. Then again, if he was fully human, he'd probably look his age. This thought caused him to chuckle slightly.
Back to top Go down
Byblis

Byblis

PostSubject: Re: A quest of unknowns.   A quest of unknowns. EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 5:08 pm

She smiled, nodding gently at his words. "Well the trees are always willing to accomate and welcome a traveler." She glanced up to the trees, then back to him. "And the canopy of tree tops will keep you dry, and since I notice that fire of yours does not require wood to burn, well, maybe you could build one on the branch you rest on."

She smiled and stood up as well, turning and heading for the entrance of the small clearing they had been in. Her tree was back in the forest a few feet, and as the sun died down, she and her tree grew more and more tired. She looked back over to him as she stopped at one of the trees. Leaning against it, she glanced over to him. "You don't have to, but the trees are our friends, and they wish to show you kindness since you showed them some."

Pushing her weight off the tree, she turned and started down the trail, slowly. Glancing back over her shoulder, she smiled to him. "If you wish to take them up on their offer..." She lifted a hand and beckoned with her finger, "...this way.." She dropped her head and continued to walk.
Back to top Go down
Skyler
Admin
Skyler

PostSubject: Re: A quest of unknowns.   A quest of unknowns. EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 5:17 pm

He watched her go and couldn't help but smile at her words. He knelt down and grabbed hold of the fire and carried it with him, following her along the trail. She was intoxicating, even from behind. He couldn't help but feel like a teenager again. How stupid was he? He shook his head, unable to hide the smile from his lips. It finally dawned on him why he couldn't sense her life presence. She wasn't truly human. The closer they got to a particular tree, the more and more she seemed to resemble it with her life force. What was she again? They had them back home ,even though his father swears he never saw one in his travels.

He looked up to the trees, thinking hard. He hated when he knew he knew things, but couldn't say what he knew. This was gonna eat at him all night if he didn't figure it out. He already had the list of known creatures in his head and quickly was going through it. By the time they got to her tree it hit him.

"A nymph," he asked himself out loud, not that he meant too. The word seemed to fit, and everything he knew about other creatures only left him with that and one other. "Or a siren. Which is it? Oh, I wish I had one of the books to show me a picture and a definition of the two." He looked up suddenly and stopped, a bit of a bemused look on his face, followed by guilt. "Sorry, was I talking out loud?"
Back to top Go down
Byblis

Byblis

PostSubject: Re: A quest of unknowns.   A quest of unknowns. EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 5:30 pm

She was at her tree, her arms folded over her chest as she leaned back against it. Her face was soft and a gentle smiled played over her features. A chuckle rumbled in her slender throat as she listened to his quick banter with himself. Finally when he looked up at her, she smiled a bit brighter.

"I'm a Nymph. A Siren is an ocean creature. A Nymph helps the forest and trees and plants grow and died. We are of the trees. And a Water Nymph isn't to be mistaken for a Siren. Sirens were tormented and tortured creatues that were changed by their horrible lives. Now they sing with unbelievable beauty, to lure men to their deaths. I would never kill anyone."

Dropping her arms, she turned and looked up to her tree. "Those branches up there are the best. The one that droops over the side of the other, is a great place to lay down." She looked back to him, her face playfully hidden by some of her hair. "Come on." She said, before she pressed her body against the trunk of the tree. As he would watch, her body would meld into the tree and disappear. Just before her head would disappear into the bark, she glanced back over to him with a quick wink before she was gone, and all was left, was the tree.

Up over head, there was a giggle. Laying draped over some of the high branches, her leg dangling, as her arms folded to give her head a pillow. She smiled down to him. "It is time for sleep." She said, her voice was draining of power. It was now soft, as if a cloud was turned into sound. Her eyes drooped a bit as she waited for him to join her in her home.

Last edited by Byblis on Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Skyler
Admin
Skyler

PostSubject: Re: A quest of unknowns.   A quest of unknowns. EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 5:44 pm

He smiled, listening to her voice. He couldn't help but wonder why it was getting softer, until he realized that the tree itself was turning down for night. Though plants never really did sleep, they did rest during the night. Most plants anyway. For those on Earth probably all did. Only a few select places, where the night elves called home, did the flora come 'alive' at night. Those were beautiful places to visit. He made a mental note that he'd go back there when he returned home. If his father didn't slaughter them for some stupid reason before he got back.

He measured the distance from the ground to the nearest stable branch and smiled. He crouched slightly before jumping into it, weaving his body so as to not strike any of the others. His months of hard training really had paid off, as his flexibility and dexterity were sharper then ever. Something his father rarely trained him on. 'Who needs to be flexible when you have an attack that covers so much ground.' he would say. Clearly, even though his father and mother trained him, he had his own views on how to fight and what to work on.

He reached up to the next branch and swung himself, like any common primate, into the next one with much ease. He finally jumped through a few branches that offered only a few inches of space when he did get between them, before landing on the branch next to her. Sure, he could have shadow walked up to her, but that would have been rude, and probably startling. He laid upon the branch, his back resting against the tree. Letting go of the fire, to have it drift above him, he placed his arms behind his head and smiled. "I guess it is time for sleep. I haven't slept in," he yawned, "probably three weeks. A good time...to...sleep..."

And he slept, unable to control the power of wanting too any longer. When he had began to feel it, not even he would know. This place was different, after all.
Back to top Go down
Byblis

Byblis

PostSubject: Re: A quest of unknowns.   A quest of unknowns. EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 6:03 pm

It would be early the next morning before she would open her eyes. The worst part of her day, waking up. With a deep yawn and protesting groan, she stretched and kicked her legs out on the sides of the branch. Her plan was just to get comfortable again and stay asleep. Well, that was until she heard the bird chirping loudly above her head, reminding her that there was a man still sleeping in her tree. She groaned and lifted her head. "I forgot. Thank you." She said to the bird which nodded, kind of, before flying off. Pushing herself to a sitting up position, she looks over to the man. She smiled and flipped herself around so she was sitting on the branch, her legs dangling down. Tilting her head, she watched him sleep a moment before she faded into the tree and come back out at the ground. She was gone briefly before coming back with a armful of "breakfast" for him to enjoy when he woke up. Setting the berries on a branch near by him, she let him sleep a little while longer, while she headed to her spring to go get cleaned and freshened up. She talked to the wind, trees and animals about the new man in the forest, explaining that he wasn't from their area and she wasn't sure he was even from their home world. Glancing around a moment, she removed the small amount of clothing that the trees provided for her before she sank into the water and moaned with happiness at the feeling of it.
Back to top Go down
Skyler
Admin
Skyler

PostSubject: Re: A quest of unknowns.   A quest of unknowns. EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 6:20 pm

Dreamless sleep, that was what he was having, and it was probably best. Usually when he went so long without sleep, dreams would flood his mind and make him restless and groggy for the morning, but sleep he did and soundly. Through the storm, which was unusual, and on past dawn, even more unusual. It wasn't until he felt Byblis' life force awake and move away that his powers awoke him. He slowly opened his eyes, amazed that even the fire spirit he had summoned had vanished through the night. Did he really train so hard? He almost felt bad for Dax and Drakkaius.

He stretched, popping his back. He noticed the berries near by and smile. His powers finally could sense her properly, needing all night in her tree to get to 'know' her. He swung one leg over the branch and swung it idly, eating the berries. He summoned himself a cup full of hot chocolate and sipped at it, enjoying the sounds of the forest.

"This could be a nice vacation spot. Reminds me of home, just not as violent."

Wondering what Byblis was up to, he let his second sight reach out to where she was at. He noticed the lake first, remembering that was probably where the spring went too. He went wide eyed when he saw her, quickling vanishing his second sight.

"Ok, I did not just see that." He spoke, chuckling to himself. Were he not a gentleman, he was sure that he would still be watching her.
Back to top Go down
Byblis

Byblis

PostSubject: Re: A quest of unknowns.   A quest of unknowns. EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 6:56 pm

Dunking her head under the water and rinsing out her hair, she hummed, happy to be clean. Coming back up, she looked around again before she laid back down in the stream and giggled as it rushed down and over her body.

As she lay there, enjoying the water, her eyes drooped a bit, her body wanting to go back to sleep and rest. With a protest, she sat up in the small spring. "I do not want to get up!" She said with a whine as her friends told her that her visitor was awake.

"Oh, well this is pleasant." She climbed up out of the water and stood on the edge, letting the strong gust of wind dry off her body. Stretching again, enjoying the bright sun beaming down on her, she debated putting her "clothing" back on.

After a moment, she grabbed up her outfit and headed back to her tree, pulling her clothes on as she went. Once there, she looked up, watching with confusion at this strange thing he was drinking from. Oh well, it was not her business and she didn't think it was polite to ask.

Stepping a few steps forward, she snuck to her tree and absorbed into. When she was sure that the man didn't see her, she poked her head up out the branch, not far from him. "Morning Sky!" she said loudly so he would notice her. "Did you save any for me?" She said with a smile and a bright laugh, watching the visitor nibbling away on the berries.
Back to top Go down
Skyler
Admin
Skyler

PostSubject: Re: A quest of unknowns.   A quest of unknowns. EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 7:31 pm

He continued his slight breakfast, enjoying having a true meal in his stomach. His senses picked her up coming back. He stayed leaning against the tree, sipping his hot chocolate. He smiled, feeling her meld back to the tree, but once there lost all track of her. It was fascinating how she and the tree really were one.

Lucky for him, when she popped back out and yelled, he had already picked back up on her and so didn't jump. He chuckled, summoning a second cup of hot chocolate, the steam coming up from it carrying the smell of it around it. He held it out for her, smileing. "The cup his a bit warm. Grab it from the handle, like I am, so you don't get burned."

He continued to sip his own cup, happy that he never had to worry about it running out. "And I take, by the looks of your hair, that you bathed? Perhaps I could do the same. I usually like to start new days with a refreshing shower, but I didn't sense any waterfalls big enough near by that would allow me to do so." He shrugged some, vanishing his own cup, for he was done with his drink.
Back to top Go down
Byblis

Byblis

PostSubject: Re: A quest of unknowns.   A quest of unknowns. EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 7:43 pm

She pulled herself up out of the branch and took a seat, looking over at the cup. "No, thank you. I only take water for drink." She said, patting the tree branch under her. Thinking a moment, she nodded. "I know of a waterfall. It is a little difficult to get to, but it is very nice." She picked a berry or two off of his small twig of breakfast. Popping them into her mouth, she turned and leapt off the branch and landed softly on the forest floor growth.

Looking back up to him, she smiled and gestured with her hand. "Are you ready for a swim?" She said with a smile as she started to head off towards the large lake not far off. Standing, waiting for him at the edge of the lake, she sighed softly and watched the water ripple with the life of fish, frogs and ducks that riddles the surface.

Glancing back over her shoulder, she smiles to him. "It is in there." She said as she pointed with her toes, disturbing the surface of the water. "There is a small grotto in the side." She gestured off to the north. "And the cliff is off in that direction. Due to that, the water drains from this lake, into the grotto, which has a waterfall that drains into another body of water, that in turns drains into a small river, that then pours out of the cliff, into the ocean." She said, following the trail of the water with her finger, showing how it runs under the ground.
Back to top Go down
Skyler
Admin
Skyler

PostSubject: Re: A quest of unknowns.   A quest of unknowns. EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 8:15 pm

He smiled, jumping down from the tree to follow her. He smiled when he reached the lake. He listened to her and followed her hand guestures, sending his second sight to the places she discribed. He was glad he didn't have to worry about holding his breath for so long. His father made sure his lung capasity was able to make him hold his breath for a good hour, even while staying in constant motion.

"So, into a cave, past a waterfall, into another body of water, down another waterfall, along a river into another cavern and then down another waterfall." He chuckled a bit, shaking his head. "Well, I did ask."

He unbuttoned his shirt and took it off, vanishing it into thin air. He then kicked off his boots, which also vanished, and unbuckled his belt. He unzipped his shorts and slid them off, leaving him in black swimming trunks, which his powers had materialized before taking off his shorts. He stretched his muscular body again, moaning softly to the feel of the strain. He stepped out of his long shorts and into the water. It was cool, but not cold, thankfully. He looked over at her, smiling brightly. "Even though I know the way, maybe it best I have a guild, just in case I run into anyone, or anything, that might think me as a problem."
Back to top Go down
Byblis

Byblis

PostSubject: Re: A quest of unknowns.   A quest of unknowns. EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 8:36 pm

She smiled, then chuckled. "Close, but yes. There are only two bodies of water, but still." She smiled to him and started to walk out onto the water. Literally. She walked into the middle of the water and turned to look at him. Winking at him playfully, she beckoned him with a finger before she started to slowly sink into the water. Her presence on the water didn't seem to disturb the life on or around the pond.

Finally her head disappeared into the water. She floated the a moment till he was in the water. With a smile, she turned and started to swim down into a small alcove, that led the way into the grotto. It was large and cool. Luckily the inside was illuminated by crystals that were hanging from the celing. The little bit of light that carried on through the water reflected off the crystals and brightened up the room. She smiled and looked over to see if he was following her okay.

Climbing out of the water, she walked down a water carved slope that followed the path of the waterfall. It was loud, and echoed powerfully, but as you left the small grotto deeper into the opening of the waterfall, the sound muted on itself. She stood there, looking up at the water, then let her eyes flow with the path off towards the exit of the cliff. "I have always wanted to jump from the cliff here, but... I do not believe I will be saved again." She said quietly, almost as though she was remembering a fading dream.
Back to top Go down
Skyler
Admin
Skyler

PostSubject: Re: A quest of unknowns.   A quest of unknowns. EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 1:46 pm

He chuckled a bit, watching her stand upon the very water itself. So it was true that those of nature could manipulate the natural world to play as they pleased. He did notice how innocent she was, if not at all alluring. He waited until she sunk down into the water before stepping up onto it himself. Instantly he felt the difference in styles. While she used a power known as Gaia, which he figured was because she was of nature herself, he had to use his elemental arcane powers to manipulate the air and water to make them appear solid enough to stand upon. He smiled, knowing full well that were he in a futuristic realm, he would be using a new form of power called techno-verging, a term his father had come up. Instead of using magic to make the elements around him manipulated to be a substance they were not, in their still natural form, he would be using a power of matter and gravity manipulation, controlling the very atoms of the elements around him to behave to his desire.

He shook his head, laughing as he got to the spot where she slipped into. Using his second sight, he quickly slipped into the water, holding his breath before his head dipped into it. He was glad he was a decent swimmer, for he was able to follow her trail without any problems, and his demonic sight made it to where he didn't have to have any light to continue without running into things. He finally reached the grotto and pulled himself out of the water. leaving every last drop in the pool. His ability to 'dry' himself with his powers had been a constant, natural ability since birth. Of course, most fire demons were like that, seeing how water hurt them. Him being half human, and in his huminoid form at all times, made it to were he didn't have to worry about it. But instinct made him do it without thinking.

He followed the path and knelt down, hearing the roar of the waterfall. He smiled, listening to her word. So she had fallen down the rabbit hole before? It explained why she knew about this place so well. Or maybe because she was connected to the land?

"I'd catch you if you fell. One should never let any harm come to someone that has fed them, and you have fed me twice now. So you're stuck with me for awhile," he spoke, grinning a bit. Was he flirting? He slowly stood back up, shaking his head at himself. "So, the waterfall is just beyond the way. This place is beautiful. Do you come here often? I know you are of the forest, but I imagine a stone hiding place is a good place to be if you really wanted not to be found."
Back to top Go down
Byblis

Byblis

PostSubject: Re: A quest of unknowns.   A quest of unknowns. EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 2:39 pm

She shook her head, not looking back over to him. Her hair still dripped water down over her body. She was watching the tall waterfall running over the side and into the large pool of water by which she was standing. With a gently sigh, she kneels down and sways her hand inside the water.

"No, I was here when the gods rumbled the earth and created this. I was actually swimming in this pool when it happened. It was very difficult and took a long time, alot of waiting to get out of here. My tree was so sad while I was gone. However, this place became a reminder of the power of the gods."

She turns back over to him, she stood back up to face him. She smiled gently and then gestured off to the large waterfall off to her left side. "It is all yours." She turned her back to him so he could have some privacy.

As she let him go about his bathing, she wandered along the cavern following the path of water. She hummed loud enough for him to listen, to make sure she wasn't sneaking up on him or anything. She was sure he wasn't worried about her seeing him in his strange shorts, but it was still out of respect.
Back to top Go down
Skyler
Admin
Skyler

PostSubject: Re: A quest of unknowns.   A quest of unknowns. EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 2:55 pm

He nodded to her, looking around the cavern. The gods had created this? He couldn't help but smile at that. He knew very well what the 'gods' were capable of, or willing to do. At least back home he did. If the gods really had created this, while she had been down here, then what was their purpose, and why would they trap her here?

"Thank you," he spoke politely, slipping off his shorts as she walked away to give him privacy. Not that he minded. For some reason, knowing what she was, made him that much more comfortable. He was surprised she hadn't noticed how dry he was. Or maybe she had? He just shrugged it off, diving into the pool below.

Having dropped his powers, the water felt amazing upon his body. Cool, refreshing, and quite relaxing. It was the only time that he would ever have any liquid of any kind stick to him, when his powers were surpressed, when he felt truly human. He didn't even sweat. No, his demonic blood would not allow even though. Lucky for him, he was never hot. Cold, yes, but never hot. He could stand inside an urn and feel perfectly comfortable. He'd walked through the fifth gate of hell to visit family wearing nothing but shorts and a tank top before, and still felt slightly chilled. Maybe it had to do with his angelic powers?

He surfaced finally, standing under the raging waterfall. The power of the element felt amazing upon his skin. He almost wished she'd join him, but felt it was probably best she didn't. He'd taken plenty of showers in public bath houses all throughout Demigora. He wasn't shy, nor was he ashamed of his body. He had a well toned figure, and from what his wife and sister had confided in him, was very well indowed. Not that his length really mattered to him. Sex wasn't the same with him as it was with his parents. Maybe cause they 'over-sexed' themselves around him that he just never wanted to be like that. Sure, he could have any woman he wanted, he was a Khan, after all. His father use to be a womanizer, casanova, rapist, predator. No, he wanted meaningful relationships, not just plain sex.

"Hey Byblis, you don't have to stay up there. If you want, you can join me down here. I don't mind," he yelled over the roar of the waterfall. Maybe she could hear him, maybe not. It didn't really matter to him one way or another. He liked her company.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A quest of unknowns.   A quest of unknowns. Empty

Back to top Go down

A quest of unknowns.
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next