Val'Dariah
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy based original RPG forum for advanced role players.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Authorities

Trick’o’Treat

29 October - is a special day. This year
 two infamous
vampires and a demon shall
grant the traveling Goth Fair for the
people of Demigora. Many gothic people,
furtune tellers, aura readers and other
esoteric fun shall strike you from behind.
Also the owners promissed many fun games,
lots of good music and awsome prizes for
the best mask.So come, don't miss the fun.

Live Chat

A quest of unknowns.

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Byblis

Byblis

A quest of unknowns. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A quest of unknowns.   A quest of unknowns. - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 3:17 pm

She hadn't gone far, just down the trail a bit. She turned slightly and looked back over her shoulder to the water fall. She could barely make out his form within the waterfall. She heard his voice call out to her, but she still knew she shouldn't go to him. She turned back and sat where she was so he would be able to enjoy his shower in peace. It wasn't that she wasn't attracted to him. As strange creatures go, he was delicious. The gods know however of her past, and how she disgraced herself and her parents. Sex was now something to be very careful about. Even just physical attraction. She would not be saved again. It was in her nature to be sexual, to be attractive and attracted to those things that were beautiful, like that gentleman, Sky, over there. Inhaling deeply, she closed her eyes and imagined him, what he was doing, what he was like. She knew she shouldn't even be doing that. Looking over to the pool of water next to her, she reached over and cupped some water to put up on her face. "This is hard." She said to herself as she tried to push her thoughts of him from her mind. "Gods save me". She moaned softly and laid down on the cool dark rock surface. She sighed deeply, waiting and really hoping that he would be done soon before she ends up going to him. Not that it would be bad, but it definately wouldn't be very good. Well, no, she was sure it would be good, just not good for her.
Back to top Go down
Skyler
Admin
Skyler

PostSubject: Re: A quest of unknowns.   A quest of unknowns. - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 3:28 pm

He stretched his body in the waterfall before leaning against the rocks, letting the water cascade down his body. He remembered he didn't have any soap, but that would only ruin the quality of the water. Plus, he didn't need such things. Only thing that ever stuck to him was his own blood, and that was rare. He sighed happily, closing his eyes. "Vacation indeed."

Never had he ever had a real vacation. Trips into one of the levels of Hell back home was usually a political reason, even when he was young. Trying to set up alliances using him as the bait. Even with his own family controlled lands and realms. He was ever the pawn, it seemed, and it never mattered, for his father had conquered every bit of Divide by the time Sky was fifteen. He did it for Oron. He would have gone on to Lesser, mainly to exact revenge killings upon the elves there, were it not her wish that Lex stay home. After that, Lex never left Divide for the other continents. Sure, he did leave. Taking him to go train on some odd, bizzar world, away from those they could hurt with their powers. But even being away from home, no place was ever a vacation spot.

"Perhaps I might stay here for some time, just relax, let my body and powers adjust and build back up to full strength." He spoke to himself, chuckling. It had been almost seventy years since he last felt full strength. Sure, his powers grew as he trained, but he never felt the full capasity that he knew he had. Constant training or fighting had caused him to constantly use his powers. "I wonder, while I'm here, if she'd let me stay with her for awhile? I'm in no hurry to look up my father's past dealings here."
Back to top Go down
Byblis

Byblis

PostSubject: Re: A quest of unknowns.   A quest of unknowns. - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 3:39 pm

She had almost fallen asleep as she lay there waiting for him to finish. Opening her eyes after a small jolt, she looked around, then sat up. "Sky?" She called out a bit, wondering if he was dressed by now. Working her way up to her feet, she turned and look around again. Coming around the slight corner, she peeked over towards the waterfall. She squinted, but couldn't make out a form. Maybe he was still inside, maybe he already finished and went on his way. She walked closer, only a few more steps, but did so carefully, so as not to sneak up on him, just in case.

Looking over, she noticed his shorts on the ground. Blood, well, a nymphs version of blood at least, rushed to her face and she gasped with excitement and surprise. Swallowing deeply, she peeked over at the water fall. She still couldn't really make out his form, and she knew she really shouldn't be looking.

Turning her back to the waterfall, folding her arms over her chest, she sighed. "Excuse me, Sky? Are... you ready?" She called out a bit louder this time, hoping he would hear her. She hated this. This was the worst part. Everytime a physical desire rose in her, she was reminded of her shame, her disappointing actions against her family. The actions that caused her to be the nymph she was. She moaned softly at the memories that only plauged her when she was ...... excited, so to speak. Biting down on her lip to try and work it away, she listened for his response. She was a bit surprised that he wasn't done yet. He didn't see that dirty when she brought him down here. "Sky?" She said again, turning back around to the waterfall. "Are you alright?" Now she started to worry that he was hurt, or drowned. She knew gods, and demigods, which he was similar to, couldn't be hurt or drowned, but then again, he wasn't from her world, and she didn't know the effect her world would have on his powers or immortality.
Back to top Go down
Skyler
Admin
Skyler

PostSubject: Re: A quest of unknowns.   A quest of unknowns. - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 3:53 pm

He chuckled, realizing that the roar of the waterfall was too loud. He could hear her calling, only cause of his superior hearing. He could drown out sounds to pick up on others. It was one of the few things he was glad his powers had control over. Being snuck up on, even with his powers looking, was rather annoying to him.

He pushed himself through the waterfall and looked up, but found she was not there. Only when he looked across the pool at her that he realized she was at his level. He was smiling slightly. "Yeah, I'm still here. I guess you couldn't hear me over the roar of the waterfall."

Sure, he was naked. Sure, the water glistened off his well chissled body, but that never occured to him. He was comfortable in his body, after all. Being naked was the most natural feeling. If only he could fight that way, but people tended to aim for sensitive areas that he rather not get damaged. He was just glad he had two sons already.

"I was wondering if you wanted to join me down here. You don't need to be shy with me. Plus, I was wondering if I could stay awhile. I've never had a peaceful vacation before, and this place is wonderful. Good food, good quiet, for the most part," he chuckled, mainly cause of how loud the waterfall was, "and good company. If you don't mind, that is?"
Back to top Go down
Byblis

Byblis

PostSubject: Re: A quest of unknowns.   A quest of unknowns. - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 4:17 pm

She sighed deeply when she saw him poke his head out. She felt a deep relief knowing that she hadn't brought him here to his death. She sat at the edge of the pool, watching him a moment. She smiled at his words. "Yes of course. My home is the home of many, especially those that respect and abide by the rules of nature." She tried hard to not gawk over his body, but it was too beautiful not to look at.

His form, his face. He reminded her of the God, Apollo. Her grandfather. She groaned and turned away, covering her eyes. "Not again." She groaned at herself as she went over to his shorts and lifted them up. "Are you done bathing? Not that I wish to rush you, just that, I can not be out of the sun for too long a time. If you would prefer I can go ahead and you can catch me up." She held his shorts out to him, her gaze was pointed down at the water however, not to him. She waited for his response, her eyes occasionally glancing up to him, which only added to the burning feel within her.

All she could think about was Caunus, her brother, her love. She sighed deeply, frustrated with herself. "Push him from your mind", she thought, "it is wrong, very wrong. Gods save me.". Slowly she put his shorts back down, and, with a quick breath and a sharp gasp, she pointed up the waterfall. "I need to go get some clear air. Please, forgive me, Ca.... Sky."

With that, she ran up the waterfall and disappeared into the grotto. As she reached the surface, she let out a sharp scream of frustration. Collapsing onto the grass, she complained to the gods about their endless torturing.
Back to top Go down
Skyler
Admin
Skyler

PostSubject: Re: A quest of unknowns.   A quest of unknowns. - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 12:53 pm

He had forgotten how much fun it was to temp and tease someone of the opposite sex, even if that someone was of a different species. He could clearly see her inner struggle with wanting him and respecting him. He nodded his head when she asked if he could catch her up. If she needed air then she needed air. He watched her leave in a rather quick manner. It was rather interesting too. He even caught that she was about to call him by some other name. He frowned, sensing how frustrated she had become.

"I shouldn't do that. I'm not my father."

He snapped his fingers, having a blue silk t-shirt, black silk vest, and long black leather shorts that went past his knees a few inches appear upon his body. He looked about the grotto and smiled, walking over to a small formation near the edge of the path. Stilactites and stilagmites were all abundant, and the faint light from the crystals made a wonderful display of color. He pushed his second sight through the formations and found that there was another room on the other side. Pushing his powers further, he began to follow a long and winding path deep into the underground cavern. It was rather an amazing place, with many chambers and different stone formations. Another pool was no more then two hundred yards back, followed by a tight path between two fallen boulders that almost choaked off the path leading into a massive room overlooking a cliff that seemed to drop into the darkness forever.

He shook his head, smiling slightly. "Ok, enough exploring with my sight. I'm not hear to look beyond my range. I'll check out that hole later." He walked behind one of the stilagmites and into the shadow it was producing, stepping out into the shadow of a tall tree by the lake. He stopped, hearing the screams of someone. Was that Byblis crying? He stepped from the shadow onto the lake shore, looking out over to her. He frowned, shaking his head at himself. "Oh Sky, look what you've done."
Back to top Go down
Byblis

Byblis

PostSubject: Re: A quest of unknowns.   A quest of unknowns. - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 2:33 pm

One wouldn't call it mindless babbling, but she was complaining. It was rather casual, like a matter of factly talk.. to no one. She was gesturing with her hand to the sky, apparently talking to someone that she thought was there. When a gentle breeze washed over her, she suddenly stopped and sighed. With an embarrased laugh, she squirmed and shimmied her way on the grass till her head dipped off the water's edge and her body slumped back into the lake. She hid there a moment before she came back up. Looking over to him, and relieved to find him dressed, she waved. "Sorry about that. I was.... fighting my curse." She thought she would admit, since she didn't want him to think something was wrong with her. Well, more than there already was.

She swam back to the shore and climbed out, shaking her head to dry off her hair. Looking over at him, she avoided his gaze, obviously ashamed of herself, her actions, and her treatment of him. Reaching up, she rubbed her cheek a bit, trying to get the color to drain from them. She didn't seem to want to say anymore, just standing there. With a deep sigh, her mind raced with all the problems she faced, and problems she had caused herself. This was the gods doing, yes, true, but she was the one that instigated this curse on herself. Glancing around till her eyes landed on an apple tree, she pointed. "Hungry?" She asked, not looking over to him. She walked off, finding herself an apple for lunch.

Before she plucked the fruit from the tree, she went to it and gently asked if she could partake of the tree's delicious food. The tree seemed to understand, because it wriggled it's branches, and three apples fell. She gathered them together and thanked the tree.

Walking back to the lake, she sat down and put one apple on the ground a few feet from her, the other two, she held. After a moment, she began to bite into one of the apples. It was good, and it made her smile. "Please, it was not my intention to bother you or disturb you earlier. I wish you had not seen that. Do not fear me. I am not dangerous, I promise." She said, but again, didn't look up at him.
Back to top Go down
Skyler
Admin
Skyler

PostSubject: Re: A quest of unknowns.   A quest of unknowns. - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 3:01 pm

He sat upon a broken log and smiled slightly. He knew all about mental illnesses, actually partaking in speach to the spirit realm, or even just arguing with one self to let out frustration. He remembered when only he could hear his uncle in his head, what madness he would bring about in him. Why his mother ever put that sword inside of him that carried his uncle's soul, he never could find out. Then the time his uncle took over his body...that was an experiance all of itself.

He took a deep breath, pushing the painful memories of his uncle from his mind. He was in a happy place, and he need not think of such horrors. Though, given his current perdicament, maybe he should have let his uncle take full control to kill Lex. Not that it would have done any good, and more then likely he would have turned on Oron after, killing Kat in the process.

He shook his head again. "Sky, stop thinking this way," he spoke quietly as she got to shore. He looked up at her when she asked if he was hungry. Before he could reply that he was good for awhile, she went off to the apple tree. He sighed softly, watching her talk to the fruit tree.

He sat back, watching her come back with the fruit. When she sat down, placing one of the apples before him, he leaned foward, placing his elbows on his knees and his head in his hands. Using his telekinetic ability, he floated the apple up before him and placed it next to himself. He shook his head slowly, smiling at her.

"You need not appologize to me, Byblis. I wasn't worried or scared. Trust me, even if I thought you were dangerous, I wouldn't be worried about you. I know dangerous beings. My father, Lex, is the most dangerious creature I know. I've witnessed him kill gods before." He shook his head, leaning back. "In truth, I could be called dangerous as well. Sense you are being honest with me, I shall be honest with you."

He took a deep breath and looked at her. "I'm a quarter fire demon."
Back to top Go down
Byblis

Byblis

PostSubject: Re: A quest of unknowns.   A quest of unknowns. - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 3:50 pm

She chomped on the apple, listening to his words, she nodded a bit, not sure exactly what he was talking about. "I knew you were different. I knew you were not of this world. Even the trees said you felt different."

She looked her apple over a bit , planning her next bite carefully. When she found the perfect spot, she chomped a big bite out of it. "Although..." chew chew chew "I do not know..." chew chew chew "What a Demon..... is."

She thought a moment, putting the apple down for a second. "You do not resemble a Gorgon, or anything from Hades' Underworld." She thought a moment, and other than the Titans or Cyclopes, there were no real dangerous creatures that she could compare him to. He looked like any human, or god, but it was obvious he wasn't. Even the gods didn't have the powers he had. Well, not exactly. They were strong and powerful, but even the abided by some rules of nature. This person didn't seem to.

But it didn't matter much to her. He wasn't staying, this wasn't his world. He would leave, and everything would go back to normal. So for now, she was just curious, obviously so were the animals since they were close to the shore, all sitting there waiting, watching them. She went back to eating her apple, then burying the core in the ground so the seeds would grow. "Please, continue", she said, waiting for him to go on.
Back to top Go down
Skyler
Admin
Skyler

PostSubject: Re: A quest of unknowns.   A quest of unknowns. - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 6:12 pm

His confession had not the affect he figured she'd have. In fact, if he didn't know any better, she was rather uncaring of the fact that he was something potentiallly dangerous. If not for being part demon, at least then for being one that came from fire, especially surrounded by so many things that burned. And yet, she just sat there, eating her apple. He didn't know where to be amused or irritated. He had always taken pride in being part demon, in truth he was half blooded, but the angelic powers his mother were fused with passed onto him, giving him arc-angel powers from the arcs of Demigora. He could use their power, even trasfuse into their form. It was what kept him from looking distorted. Most mixed breeds truly were mixed, but not him. He chose what form he was in and how he looked. Even without any of his powers, his ability to shape-shift seem to come rather natural.

It took a few minutes before he could say anything. What could he say? He half expected her to meld into the forest, have the animals attack him and make him leave. Not that they could. Very few things in the universe, including the shadow realm and divine plain, couldn't make him do anything he didn't want too. Of course, he felt for sure his father had said something about people believing in demons on this planet.

He took a deep breath and sat back again. "Well, I must admit, your reaction actually has taken me by surprise. Where I come from, and where I've been, you tell someone you're any kind of demon, be it full, half, quarter, partial or even just a drop, and people tend to freak out." He paused. Would she know what the meaning 'freak out' implied? He shook his head, taking the apple she had offered to him, sighing slightly. "At least you aren't trying to attack me for it. I hate when people do that. I don't like hurting those that can't hurt me."

He bit into the apple, not knowing what to say to her. He had never met anyone like her in all his years and travels. If Lex ever had ran into a nymph, surely he would have been just as flustered.

"I'm almost haft tempted to show you my demon appearance, but I do believe that really would cause you to run away. It can be quite scary, after all."
Back to top Go down
Byblis

Byblis

PostSubject: Re: A quest of unknowns.   A quest of unknowns. - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 7:35 pm

"Well, I am sorry my reaction disappoints you. Maybe I would be afraid, if I knew what a demon was. I would be scared if you told me you were a Cyclops, or a Gorgon, though the Gorgons are female." She said with a chuckle, "which you obviously are not."

She rolled around a bit and ended up on her stomach. She pushed her feet up into the air, kicking them back and forth a bit. "And, if you were truly dangerous, or destructive, you would have done so last night." She smiled at him, quirking a brow. "And, I did note that you said fire, but I was thinking, your fire did not burn anything last night, so, that I am a little confused about, however I still do not believe you are evil, or are going to hurt me. Or my forest. As for attacking you. How do you know I can not do any damage. I am very sly." She said with a haunting smile over her lips.

She chuckled a bit, feeling better, more relaxed now. She filled in the hole that had the apple seeds and full other apple, pushing the dirt down firmly. "Anyways, I am sure that this world has a great many things I do not know of, I only know for certain, the things of the gods, and gods have never mentioned any creature with powers like yours, or under the name demon." She said with a soft shrug. "So, as I said, why should I be afraid of something I do not know, I might miss out on a good friend." She looked up at him, kicking her feet again.
Back to top Go down
Skyler
Admin
Skyler

PostSubject: Re: A quest of unknowns.   A quest of unknowns. - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 12:54 pm

He couldn't fault her for her innocense. After all, he had never seen a nymph before. Sure, he had heard of them, but to actually meet one. It had suprised him so, but at the same time it didn't really matter much. She was just another creature in a long line of other creatures he'd crossed paths with. Sure, she was intriguing, beautiful, kind, and playful. But like many others, she had her secrets.

He picked up a fallen twig and held it out for her to see, a neutral expression upon his face. "This, sadly, is what I am capable of doing." And as he spoke, the twig began to age, wither and slowly turn to dust. And just as it completely turned, the dust burst into flames only a few inches high. When they died down, nothing was left.

He sat back, smiling slightly, "Of course, I control when things do that. I'm not a cold hearted monster, like my father. All life is precious."

He slowly stood, looking down at her. He stretched again and chuckled. "True, one does tend to miss out on finding good friends when one goes and does odd things. And since I don't want to frighten you, I'll stay in my human form. But if you want a good representation of what a demon looks like, think of a gorgon, cyclops, minotaur, satyr, and centuar all mixed into one thing. Some are engulfed in flames, some in darkness." He stretched again and looked about, finishing the apple, seeds and all.

"So, from the stories I've heard, your kind likes adventure and merriment, and a bit of miscief. Since I am in no hurry to go anywhere, or have anything important at the moment. What say we have an adventure? I do believe I sensed an ancient ruin only a few miles away from here. Ever been?"
Back to top Go down
Byblis

Byblis

PostSubject: Re: A quest of unknowns.   A quest of unknowns. - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 2:17 pm

she glanced over her shoulder in the direction of the ruins. "Yes, I have been there. Not much to it, really. Just the remnants of mortals former glory. If you wish to have a true adventure, I will show you some place marvelous!" She said, jumping up to her feet with the nimble movements of a fawn. She placed her hands on her hips, tilting her head to the side. She quirked a brow a bit, gesturing her head. "Come on, I think they would love to meet you." She giggled and turned, bouncing on her way over the water to the other side of the lake.

As she trotted and skipped along on her way, she hummed happily and danced from time to time. After a while, she stopped humming and skipping and ducked behind a tree. When she felt Sky catch up, she ushered him to come near her and gestured for him to stay quiet. Peeking around the tree again, she giggled and pointed. "My Sisters... so to speak."

When he would look, in a sacred pool, were water nymphs, called Limnatides , were all playing and bathing and even splashing each other with water. Although they didn't seem to wear clothes, like Byblis did, they weren't exactly naked either. They seemed to have a shimmery blur of their skin which hide their more precious parts. Byblis smiled and whispered over to Sky.

"Just be careful. They are a few of the nymphs belonging to Dionysus. They are completely consumed by lust and intoxicated beyond their control." She watched them a moment then looked over to Sky. "Beautiful are they not. I sometimes wish the gods turned me into one of them, than a tree nymph. I mean do not get me wrong, I am very grateful for their saving me, but... water nymphs are so beautiful."
Back to top Go down
Skyler
Admin
Skyler

PostSubject: Re: A quest of unknowns.   A quest of unknowns. - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 3:16 pm

He watched her bounce off across the water, chuckling as he followed close behind. He did want an adventure after all, so having her lead the way was clearly the best idea. And he had only wanted to go to the ruins to check out its' history. Maybe take her back there, if he could. It wasn't known if he could move her through time, with her being tied to her tree. Of course he could just check it out later if he wanted.

The tune she was humming wasn't familiar to him, even if it was very beautiful. He listened carefully to the harmony of it, picturing the notes in his head. If he had a flute or a piano, he was sure to be able to play her song. 'Do they have pianos in this part of history? I'll have to look it up,' he thought to himself.

He looked up, coming back to 'earth' in a sense when she stopped humming. She became quiet for a reason and so he decided to pay attention. He stopped when she spoke of water nymphs. He had not been expecting this.

He ducked behind the tree she was at, masking his life force as best as posible. Lucky for him he never made any sound when he moved. He had been trained by two master assassins when growing up: His mother and father. He knew how to be silent even when he wasn't even trying to be.

He raised a brow when she spoke about what they were like. Sure, he had been playful back at the pool, but why bring him here? Was this a form of punishment? Get the water nymphs to see him and go all sex crazed? Most normal males probably would jump at the occation, but he liked to think himself more as a gentleman then anything else.

He smiled at her, whispering, "I do believe you are just as lovely as them, if not more so. True beauty comes from within, anyway. If you like yourself, and have a great personality, you'll always be beautiful." He looked over to the water nymphs, using his powers to sense them. He couldn't believe what he was being told.

'All this time, I could sense them. They are of nature. So blended are they that if you weren't paying attention, you'd never know they were really there.' He shook his head and leaned against the tree, watching Byblis. He just didn't understand. He reached over and carressed her cheek, smiling. "Be happy you're alive," he spoke softly.
Back to top Go down
Byblis

Byblis

PostSubject: Re: A quest of unknowns.   A quest of unknowns. - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 3:33 pm

She jumped faintly at the feel of his hand, having not expected a touch. She looked over to him and smiled, a decent smile. "Thank you, and I am, for the most part. But there.." She said with a small point of her small finger. "That there, is the reason we are here." She said with a mischevious voice. Behind the Nymphs were several baskets full of grapes and wine.

She giggled. "Do not worry. We nymphs are always teasing each other and pulling mean tricks on each other. You should have seen what they did to me, not more than several moons ago. I awoke in an eagle's nest, with the giant bird thinking I was it's child. Took fast talking to get the bird to me go."

She chuckled, then squirmed her way off to the side, rying to get closer to the baskets. She gestured to him, trying to bring him closer. "You use darkness the way I use my trees, my friends have told me of some of your secrets. So, if they discover you, please flee, these women have known to be quite.... persausive." She said, turning to face him, close. "And I do not wish to share you..... yet." She said with a soft whisper before she turned and again moved closer to the baskets.

"There, they are closer now." She pointed to the baskets, keeping her gaze looking over to the nymphs from time to time. Her body and eyes seemed to glow with the fun she was having. As she squated down next to a tree, she watched eagerly, waiting for the change to snatch away the baskets of treats. She giggled softly and again tried to make her way within arms reach.

Just before she was going to reach for the basket, she jumped, backing up. She looked down to her arm, which was bruised. She groaned and rubbed it, then looked back in the direction of her tree. "Someone is here." She said with a confused look.
Back to top Go down
Skyler
Admin
Skyler

PostSubject: Re: A quest of unknowns.   A quest of unknowns. - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 5:52 pm

He raised a brow, looking over at the basket of grapes and the jars of wine. This was her great idea? Stealing food and drink from her 'sisters'? Of course he didn't get a chance to argue the point, for she had already slipped over to the other side. He shook his head slightly, smirking a bit. Had she been patient, he could have easily summoned the baskets over to them. Her sneaking around wasn't nessessary.

Of course he couldn't help but wonder about being told on. He never spoke about how he moved about, and her finding out a secret of his, albet a bit wrong, kinda unnerved him. He always knew plants were alive, and that animals could communicate with one another, but to actually speak about what he could do so freely...

He watched her get closer and closer to the baskets, her intent and expression quite comical to him. If she wanted to have some fun with them, why not ask him if he could freeze half the pond, or levitate the water, or even better, vanish it completely? Or would that harm them? He shook his head.

Suddenly his senses picked up a new life force getting near them. His powers were so surpressed that the life had actually gotten closer then what he was use too. Still a few hundred yards off, and near the place where they had slept, his attention turned from the nymphs. Out of the corner of his eye he saw her reach for the first basket, then suddenly withdraw. He caught sight of the bruising, wondering how that had happened. Yet as the life force continued to get closer, his concentration drastically moved away from the nymphs in the water. He stood taller, pushing his powers up slightly to extend his second sight.

"I shouldn't be so reckless," he spoke in a calm, yet normal level voice. Suddenly the splashing in the water stopped. It took but a moment to realize that he had once again made a mistake. "Shit." He looked down, shaking his head. He could feel the water nymphs getting closer. Half of his powers were focusing on the life force, the other upon the water nymphs. "Sky, you fool..."
Back to top Go down
Byblis

Byblis

PostSubject: Re: A quest of unknowns.   A quest of unknowns. - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 6:16 pm

Byblis looked up to him, then took a look over to the water nymphs. She stepped out and told them to stop, saying there was a stranger, an abuser of their forest. She cried out this time as she grabbed her arm. She turned sharply and started to leave, the nymphs no longer concerned with Sky, and instead, running for protection into the pond they were just playing in.

They disappeared into the water like Byblis does with her trees. She whimpered, looking down to her arm which was now bleeding. "Sky!" She said, reaching out to her friend. "He is hurting my tree." She whimpered, scrambling to her feet and running back to her tree, her home.

She ran with the swiftness of the wind, calling out to the trees, wind and birds. She asked all of them for help, for assistance in ridding her home from the evil stranger.

She forgot to wait for Sky, knowing, since he respects the forest as much as she does, that he would want to help. Her arm was getting more and more injured by the minute, whimpering and growing more angry. When she got closer to the clearing, she looked for the person attacking her tree. Looking back, she remembered she left Sky behind. She whimpered. "Sorry." .

She turned back around just in time to see a man hack into the tree again. She screamed out, grabbing her arm again. "Him!" She screamed, as all the birds start to swerve and dive at him.
Back to top Go down
Skyler
Admin
Skyler

PostSubject: Re: A quest of unknowns.   A quest of unknowns. - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 6:34 pm

He didn't understand what was going on. She called to the nymphs, yet heard no sound. And then suddenly she took off, almost vanishing into the forest itself. He could easily follow her movements, for she moved so fast. His senses picked up the life force and suddenly he realized what it was doing. He looked at the tree, cursing how it didn't have a shadow for him to walk into. He looked around. For some odd reason all the shadows were too small for him to get into. He looked up, seeing the sun so high above.

"I didn't want to do this, but I have no choice."

He took one step forward, his divine speed taking him instantly back to the tree that Byblis called her home. He was able to do so, for his natural divine blood, be that demonic, allowed him the ability to move as if he were teleporting, so long as he knew the area in which he were traveling too. It was as if time stopped and he were free to move about before it resumed. He had gotten there just as Byblis shouted to the birds.

He appeared before the man, who screamed out of terror. Before the man could drop the axe, Skyler touched it. Instantly the atoms lost their gravitational and electrical hold, turning the handle of the axe into nothing more then their atomic elements in a gas form. The whisp of atoms, mainly carbon, melded into the air around them He caught the blade of the axe just as the man was backing away. He placed the blade on the ground gently, shaking his head at the man.

"By the gods! Don't hurt me!" quivered the man, just as the swarm of birds began to dive for him.

Skyler instantly placed a wind barrier shield around the man, harmlessly directing the birds away from the innocent man, and away from any obstical that they might hit by being suddenly thrown off track. By the look of his sack he had just been gathering wood for his home. Why he chose this tree, however, was a bit of a mystery.

He looked to Byblis, then to the tree itself. He shook his head, walking over to her, leaving the man to his cowering whimpers. He took her arm gently, examining it. "I think I can heal it, if I heal your tree. Do you need to be one with it in order for me to do so?" His initial thought was to just heal her, but she was part of her tree. To heal one would be pointless unless the other was healed as well.
Back to top Go down
Byblis

Byblis

PostSubject: Re: A quest of unknowns.   A quest of unknowns. - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 4:10 pm

Byblis sat there, next to a close by tree, holding her arms as she watched her attack of birds flutter away with a confused direction. She was mad at Sky for stopping her. This was her forest to protect, and he was taking her job away from her. She grumbled angrilly as he came towards her.

"Why did you stop me? This is my forest, my tree. You do not have the right to stop me from my duties." She turned away, heading over to her tree. She caressed it's trunk softly, then glared down at the simpleton that was cowering on the floor. She didn't know who she was more mad at, him, or Sky.

She pushed up against the tree and let herself disappear into it, fading slowly. The tree seemed to happy that she was back. It's leaves fluttered softly and it's branches seemed to lift just a big more. The spot that the axe had been hacking away at, was turning a brown color. It was sealing itself, so to speak. Byblis emerged from her tree and laid across the wounded branch, gently petting it's sore spot. Her arm was still bruised, and she had a sad look on her face.

That song that she had hummed many times before, she began to hum again. The trees all began to sway to the soft tune, and a breeze came up, gentle and caressing. The forest seemed to come alive, to comfort and care for the wounded tree and it's nymph. "Of all the trees here, in this forest, why mine?" She sighed, then went back to humming. She glared down to the man, then back to her tree. Closing her eyes, she rested a moment, the bruise on her arm slowly starting to fade. "Enough fun for today." She said with a whimper. "I need to stay with my tree. It is hurt." She said gently.
Back to top Go down
Skyler
Admin
Skyler

PostSubject: Re: A quest of unknowns.   A quest of unknowns. - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 1:17 pm

Her reaction was quite unexpected. Why he was surprised by this, he didn't know why. Everything he seemed to have done around her caused a different reaction then expected. So why should him helping both of them be any different. He didn't want her to get hurt, or her tree for the matter, nor did he want the innocent fool just looking to get some fire wood. The man stay on the ground, petrified with fear. Maybe he had gone a little overboard with the desolving the electrical bond between atoms of the handle. But it worked. He couldn't harm her tree anymore.

He knelt down, keeping an eye upon Byblis, and sighed. He turned his attention to the man, shaking his head. "The forest is no place to just be randomly chopping things. I'm sorry if you are frightened, but all life is precious. You don't need to harm a living tree, when their are plenty of fallen trees, branches, and twigs for you to gather. Take those. And I'm sorry about your axe."

The man sat speechless, still unable to move. This almost amused Sky, but he was more concerned with Byblis to start poking fun at the man. Instead he touched the man's shoe. Before he could scream, the man's eyes fell and a light snore began to potrude from his lips. "Sleep well. When you wake, this will all be a bad dream." He removed his hand from the man's shoe and spoke a soft incantation. Instantly the man vanished, having been sent back to the bed of his home, a new axe, and plenty of firewood to satisfy his family for a long while.

He slowly stood and looked back up at her. "All life is precious. To do harm to others is unavoidable. To willingly do harm to others is unfortunate, and unnessassary. I may be a dangerous creature, but I try to not harm anyone or anything if possible. I'm sorry if you're upset with me, but I couldn't let you harm that man out of anger."

He turned and began walking back towards the lake. Could she understand what he was talking about? It had taken him years to realize this about himself. So many people he had hurt when he was a child and playing with his future wife. Countless lives lost over his 'games'. He hated himself for this. His past really brought shame to him, showing him how much like his father he had started out to be. There was only one person he wished to willingly hurt. Everyone else that he would do so was unfortunate, if not nessassary when the time comes for it to happen.

He knelt down and stared at his reflection in the water. Sad green eyes shining brightly at himself. He was no Khan. He was just a lost boy, wanting to go back home.
Back to top Go down
Byblis

Byblis

PostSubject: Re: A quest of unknowns.   A quest of unknowns. - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 1:56 pm

She really wasn't in the mood for a lecture, especially from someone that had no idea what she was about, or capable of doing. Shaking her head, she ignored the arrogant speech condemning her for actions she hadn't even done. She had been doing this for quite a while, long before him, and long after he would leave. Ignoring his speech, she turned her attention to her tree, humming to it, stroking it's wound and offering it her energy so it could speed it's recovery. Looking up towards the top of the tree, she saw all the brids coming to offer their help and support. She smiled softly, glad her friends were around her. As she curled up on the branch, she drifted off to sleep a moment. She wanted to have a talk with the forest about the new person here. She was angry, she knew she shouldn't be, he didn't know anything, even though he thought he did. She didn't want to be angry, or upset, but she hated being lectured in her own forest. This was her home, not his. Waking up with a deep stretch and a loud groan, she looked at a strange frog that made it's way up to her branch. "Ew." She said to the wierd slimmy thing. Jumping off the branch, she took the frog with her to put back near the pond. Dropping off her friend, she looked around before diving into the pond to cool herself off. She would try to ignore Sky's actions for now, but if he did something like that again, she would have to say something. Coming up to the surface, she threw her head back, her hair fanning out with a spray of water. It felt nice, the sun warming up the water. Looking around a moment, she tried to find a floating log to use, but was disappointed. Finally she decided to just lay on the shore, her legs in the water. She needed to cool down, and cool off. This was the best place to do that.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A quest of unknowns.   A quest of unknowns. - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 2:17 pm

Drakkaius could sense something was wrong. Not with him, and not with his home. It was his new friend, Skyler. He could sense the young man's secret pain. The months of training with him had brought them close, though he never spoke a word to him. He never even risked telepathic speech. It was his own fears.

He slowly stood from his throan, the entire room going silent. He rarely stood up before the crowds, usually just sitting there like a proper fixture of power and respect. Even when he did leave, a double of him remained. He had tried Skyler's clone technique, but found it unavaliable to someone of his stature.

Taking a deep breath, he motioned for everyone to depart. He needed to be alone and think. He motioned again, and slowly the congregation began to make for the doors. He even motioned to the guards, who were so fiercely loyal, they moved without hesitation. Once the room was empty, he walked over to the pool of water that many used for drinking. He waved his hand over it, thinking of Skyler. Slowly the image of himself was replaced by that of the young man. He looked so sad, so lost, and so utterly alone. He knew what he was going through.

He smiled slightly. 'At least he is exploring. I'll leave him be. When he truly needs me, I'll go to him.' He looked down again at the pool and raised a brow. 'He can time travel as well? I know that place. It isn't like that in the current time of now. Oh dear. Maybe I should just leave him be, until he returns to this time.'

And with that, he turned from the pool, heading back to his throan to think in private.

Last edited by Admin on Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://forgottenvaldariah1.rpg-board.net
Skyler
Admin
Skyler

PostSubject: Re: A quest of unknowns.   A quest of unknowns. - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 2:18 pm

Home. This was all about home. This 'vacation' idea was getting in his way. He didn't train for months on end upon Dravin with two powerful fighters just to sit around and do nothing. His powers came easier to him, his movements sharper. He was a weapon with a purpose. And yet...Something felt missing. He was still just a child, by demon standards. He missed home. Missed his mother and sister, his boys, and even in some small way, he missed his father greatly. Sure, he was an igotistical maniac that had no care for anyone but his wife, but sometimes, when Lex wasn't paying attention, Sky could see the pride and love he held for him. It was rare, but it was there. Not as great as he had for Kat, or for Wraith and Alex. But he was Lex's only son. Five thousand years, countless lovers, and Sky was the one son he got, out of countless girls. Payback, mostly, he figured, for all the wrongs Lex had done after Valia died.

He looked at the growning shadow of the tree behind him, sighing some. "I don't know if it is safe to do so, for father was always around her. But I wonder, would my aunt have any advice for me on how to deal with my father?" It was tempting to go back to see her. They had only met once, and that was her soul he had managed to run into back at Necros. Lex kept her hidden there, for out of all his family, past and present, not even Oron held the heart of Lex like Valia. Not in a sexual, lustful way, but in a way that brought even the mighty Lex down to being at peace, humble, and a true good guy. Ever since her death, Sky felt his father had lost his way. But why? Not even she could tell him that. But her memories were faded. He would need to speak to her live.

The sound of water splashing caught his attention. He turned back over, watching Byblis in the water. He felt bad. He knew he had done something wrong, and then to lecture her about it made things seem worse. He needed to appologize. This was not his home, nor his world. Right and wrong were different here.

Standing, he slowly made his way over to her. He needed to find the right words.
Back to top Go down
Byblis

Byblis

PostSubject: Re: A quest of unknowns.   A quest of unknowns. - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 2:40 pm

Hearing some noise near by, she lifted her hand up to block the sun from her eyes. She saw Sky, and smiled gently. "I am sorry. I did not mean to attack at you with my words or anger. This is my forest and I am very protective of it. And I have learned the waves of protecting it from nymphs from before me, and the gods themselves. So I get very... I do not even know of such a word to explain how I feel. Forgive me, this is my home and it is my job to protect it and defend it. It is not that I do not appreciate your help, but I do not feel happy about being lectured about hurting someone, when you do not know what it was I was going to do. That offended me, but I will not hold a grudge. You do not know my world, or my mind or my heart. This is not your place, and things may be different on your world. I have to remind myself of that."

She smiled and slunk back down into the water, turned, looking up at him so he was no longer upside down. "So now if we have that out of the way, I think my tree will be fine, so we could go exploring if you would like, although I can not travel too far away from my tree now that it is injured."

She smiled and slunk back into the water and floated back a bit. "Then again, the water is nice." She smiled up at him, then dunked under the water, coming up further away. She splashed the water around a bit, waiting for him to react. "You are not still mad at me are you?"
Back to top Go down
Skyler
Admin
Skyler

PostSubject: Re: A quest of unknowns.   A quest of unknowns. - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 3:08 pm

He knelt down, watching her. He listened to her, nodding slightly. He had come to the same conclusion, which was why he felt bad about what he had done and said. He gave a polite smile, watching her play in the water.

"I'm not mad," he finally said after awhile. "Not with you, at least. I am just so use to doing things on instinct, that I forget to ask those around me if they would like, or need my help. Usually people don't complain. But, you are right, I no not the ways of here, or of you. For my actions, I am sorry."

He stood back up and stretched, the clicking, cracking, and popping of his exoskeleton armor sounding louder then usual. Of course, he usually had to stretch five or six times a day, if he wasn't moving alot, just to keep it from solidifying. That was a process he really didn't need to worry about again.

"I'm up for whatever you want to do. I still have no imediate plans, so to speak. My time is my own. And since I'm in your forest, I'll leave it up to you what we should do."

He smiled at her, hoping she had forgiven him for his mistakes of earlier. He'd try to do better at letting her handle things until asked for.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A quest of unknowns.   A quest of unknowns. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A quest of unknowns.
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next