Val'Dariah
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy based original RPG forum for advanced role players.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Authorities

Trick’o’Treat

29 October - is a special day. This year
 two infamous
vampires and a demon shall
grant the traveling Goth Fair for the
people of Demigora. Many gothic people,
furtune tellers, aura readers and other
esoteric fun shall strike you from behind.
Also the owners promissed many fun games,
lots of good music and awsome prizes for
the best mask.So come, don't miss the fun.

Live Chat

A most promising place, for the lonely heart.....

Go down 
+3
Audrey
Lex
Kaol Rehu
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Kaol Rehu

Kaol Rehu

A most promising place, for the lonely heart..... Empty
PostSubject: A most promising place, for the lonely heart.....   A most promising place, for the lonely heart..... EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 6:38 pm

Kaol reached a part of the city that had yet to be touched by the hands of mortal and immortal creatures alike. He reached the University, a place he knew of knowledge. The knowledge would be of use here, he thought to himself. He moved up the stone steps to the colossal building and entered through the abandoned doors. Here in this labyrinth of intellectual lusts and discerning passions he found room after room of interests and items. He finally realized that it wasn't one type of research; this place had every type of research for an underdeveloped primitive hive of misanthropic motley crews that simply happenstance upon this realm. He marveled at the different beakers and chemistry related items. He found a library's worth of information here and thought that if there was a library here he might search it out soon. Information was a life for him. He knew he would spend the rest of his life alone and unprogenatated. It saddened him greatly, but he knew from the beginning that books would be his life, lover, and soul mate. "In life one must live alone to conquer glory and fear. To live alone one will suffer indignities only offered to the heartless and the lonely hearts." He recited his mantra of belief because it comforted him in a very lost and lonely time for him.
Back to top Go down
Lex

Lex

PostSubject: Re: A most promising place, for the lonely heart.....   A most promising place, for the lonely heart..... EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 2:26 pm

Appearing in the shadows of the university library, he cracked his neck and back. He needed to get away and to calm down. How was it possible that one girl talking about his sister like that could enrage him. No, she's been gone for over two thousand years now. No way that girl could have talked to her. Especially not in Hell. Her soul was tied to Necros Tower.

Sighing, he walked inside. He stopped suddenly, feeling the presence of another life. Smiling slightly, he walked further in, letting the doors close behind him. There was a special book here that he didn't have back home. He needed to find it to make sure of something.

"So, this is what this world is coming too?" he spoke softly, looking at the attempt of science in this university. "No way am I going to allow science to ruin this world. I don't care what I have to do. We are not losing our connection to the spiritual, arcane, or divine ways. We are not going to be like Earth!"
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: A most promising place, for the lonely heart.....   A most promising place, for the lonely heart..... EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 2:34 pm

Audrey followed the trail of magic that Lex had left behind unknowingly finding her self at some kind of school. When she pushed open the doors she looked around seeing books and over stuffed chairs everywhere. She was in absolute heaven. She had never seen so many books in her life. She loved reading whenever she got the chance to steal a book or two from someone. She looked around and still felt Lex's magic it was on her skin like a thin sheet and she was starting to be comforted by it more then afraid. She looked around hearing the man talking to himself about earth. She pushed out her lips thinking, she had loved earth once upon a time and thought he was going to hard on humans. She took a deep breath and looked for him. When she found him she let out a sigh.
"Humans have made mistakes but you know there are still some greatly connected to the spirit."*She smiled*"That is why they still have some magic users."
Back to top Go down
Kaol Rehu

Kaol Rehu

PostSubject: Re: A most promising place, for the lonely heart.....   A most promising place, for the lonely heart..... EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 2:52 pm

He heard footsteps and a voice. The university was abandoned at first and it seemed like now, however, that someone had taken interest in it. He was reading a rather interesting book at the moment and didn't want to put it down. He decided to take it with him and visit this unknown person. He walked to the doorway of the room he was in and saw a rather distinguished human walking down the corridor. He watches the man move down the hall and doesn't say anything. Kaol starts to follow this human with increasing interest and smiles at the man's ramblings.

Before he moves he sees the young woman come up and speak to the man. Her mention of humans is strange, for, Kaol had never seen humans use magic except for the woman who helped him out of the storm. He took muse from her for she had a look of excellence about her. His heart literally skipped a beat when he saw her. He shook his head and continued to listen in on the people around him. The two in front of him were interesting and little did he know, but he had in his hand the book Lex needed.
Back to top Go down
Lex

Lex

PostSubject: Re: A most promising place, for the lonely heart.....   A most promising place, for the lonely heart..... EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 3:09 pm

Turning to the girl, he let out a soft sigh. How could she follow him so easily. Her soul was not that of his sisters. Yet here she was, all innocent and talking to him about the beauty of humans. He knew better of course.

"My dear girl, trust me, I've seen the wicked ways of humans. I've done many of those such things. The humans on Earth lost touch with their spiritual selves a long time ago, relying upon science. They lost the balance between the two." He looked around the room at all the scientific things in it, "I will not allow my god parents planet fall into such a state as Earth." He sighed. "I don't care how much Demigora wants me to be the next God of Death, I will not accept it, nor will I allow this planet to fall into ruin because of science. We must maintain a balance."

He sighed and looked back at the girl. "I am sorry child. What is your name? I'm Lexal Khan, but you may call me Lex. And I am sure you know that I am a king, but not of this city."
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: A most promising place, for the lonely heart.....   A most promising place, for the lonely heart..... EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 3:18 pm

Audrey smiled brightly not wanting to argue. She also felt the presence of someone else. Her eyes began to swirl green mixing in with the grey and a slight hint of blue.*"You may be right you have been around a lot longer then I have Lex. But in order to keep balance you must except things that you can not control. Even if being human means you give into things you believe are more logical it doesn't mean that if today they realized their mistakes the great divine wouldn't take them back with a loving embrace."

She then took a deep breath and let it out."My name is Audrey. No reason to know my last name. I am not from this world. I understand you wanting to protect it's." She thought for a moment.Innocence but in the end it is what the people of this planet thinks. No one man can control every living beings thought at every moment am I right?"
Back to top Go down
Kaol Rehu

Kaol Rehu

PostSubject: Re: A most promising place, for the lonely heart.....   A most promising place, for the lonely heart..... EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 3:35 pm

He could not stand it! This lovely woman, though human, was talking of logic? Had she studied the Vulcan teachings? He had to know and so he stepped out of the shadows and into the light. He made his presence known to the two individuals and marveled at their appearance closer now. He nodded and bowed, "Hello, my name is Kaol Rehu since introductions are in order." He turned to the woman, "Humans are born, made, and die destroying their world. They almost did so to the planet Earth. This man here obviously wishes a logical path in preventing that destruction." He looks at her marveling at her beauty and then moves on to the King.

"To you good 'King,"
he said that with as little disdain as possible. "She is right in dictating that you have no control over the future of a world or any world. I assume that your power does not extend to that of omnipotence, yet? Destroying the idea of science is a foolish and ultimately futile endeavor. You alone should understand that as a leader to your people. I am a scientist of land and technology. It was nature not technology that destroyed my home. Technology is not the enemy, the people are. They would turn it against you and science is the same way. The people must be sheltered from their own bigotry and hatefulness." He raised the book in his hand when he talked allowing Lex to fully grasp the design inspired into Kaol's hands.
Back to top Go down
Lex

Lex

PostSubject: Re: A most promising place, for the lonely heart.....   A most promising place, for the lonely heart..... EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 3:50 pm

About to reply to Audry, he suddenly turned at the man speaking before them now. He almost sounded like a heritic the way he just came out and started to talk. But he liked the brass the man showed at being so strong in his view points. He sighed, hearing the man use 'king' like it was something foul. He couldn't help but be royalty. He knew many didn't like it, but he never cared about what others liked.

"Kaol Rehu, you say? That isn't an elvish name," he said, looking to the man's pointy ears, "And you don't give off the aura of an elvin creature. You are fortunate for that, my friend." He looked back to Audry, sighing a bit, "No, I cannont affect the world. I do have the power to affect millions, but not the world." He looked over to Kaol, smiling slightly, "And no, I have not reached ominpotence yet. I refuse to assend to be a god, like my god mother wishes. I would lose who I am, all to be the ultimate killer. A god of death is nothing but that, no matter how important the job would be."

Sighing slightly, his eyes caste over to Kaol's hands, seeing the book there. He went wide eyed and took a step towards him. "You have the Spiritious Encartiaum! Where did you find that book?" He looked around the room, "Out of all the books in this room alone, and the ones in there as well. I would have sent my clones to find that book. Please, good sir, I must have that book for a moment. It is a matter of life and death."
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: re:   A most promising place, for the lonely heart..... EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 3:56 pm

She smiled at the man that had just walked up finding it hard to take her eyes off of him and focus on what Lex was saying. She was blushing and biting her lip when she finally looked at the book Lex was talking about. "What is in that book that is life or death?" She was a creature that loved knowledge so asking it didn't bother her even if it did seem rude.
Back to top Go down
Kaol Rehu

Kaol Rehu

PostSubject: Re: A most promising place, for the lonely heart.....   A most promising place, for the lonely heart..... EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 4:21 pm

Kaol too blushed toward the woman for only a minute, but turned his attention to the 'king.' He didn't like the man's tone toward him and responded in turn, "I will not hand over the book until answers are given fair 'king." He nodded to the man for the respect that was due the position. "What life and death do you discern to take from this book?" he asked with all due curiosity and concern. He wanted to know just as much as the girl did, if not more. For, to him, knowledge was life, to be unknown is to be unconquerable. "Please good King, answer her question," he nodded toward the girl.
Back to top Go down
Lex

Lex

PostSubject: Re: A most promising place, for the lonely heart.....   A most promising place, for the lonely heart..... EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 4:31 pm

He growled slightly, his blue aura slowly starting to surround him. How could he be treated so disrespectfully upon his own home planet, to those not of this planet. If he was any type of man other then what he was next to Audry, he would have killed the lot of them. As it were, with his face being neutral, yet his eyes burning with anger, he slowly turned to Audry.

"That book talks about how a soul can be tied down to a place, yet can also move about through the realms to be someplace else. There is a spell within that book," pointing to Kaol, "that I need to research. If it is true what it says, then my dear sister is in grave peril. I cannot allow that to pass."

He turned to the man again, narrowing his eyes, "So, good 'sir', would you really deny me something that would have a grave outcome over someone I cherrish, who is more innocent then virgin snow? Or would you allow her soul to suffer, all to give me a hard time." He took a step towards the man, still glaring at him. "And know this. I have diplomatic immunity, young man. I can snuff out your life, and no one would even care. You understand me."

Suddenly, held in his hands was a contract written in red ink, "It would be done legally as well. A contract to kill you, signed by someone that will gladly vouch for it, signed by me. I'm still known as an assasin." He got right up to the man. "Do you really want to anger me further?"

He smirked slightly, "After all, I did say please."
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: A most promising place, for the lonely heart.....   A most promising place, for the lonely heart..... EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 4:40 pm

Audrey looked over Lex and sighed stepping close to him and touching is face with only kindness in her swirling eyes."Lex no one wants to stop you from helping your dear sister, curiosity is a being nature you know that." She didn't remove her hand." Though you threaten I know that all it is, is the thoughts of a loving brother desperate to help his sister. So please calm down perhaps we can help you and if not at least you know you have friends here."She smiled the familiar smile again that would remind him of his sister.
Back to top Go down
Kaol Rehu

Kaol Rehu

PostSubject: Re: A most promising place, for the lonely heart.....   A most promising place, for the lonely heart..... EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 4:55 pm

Kaol looked at him with the logic of the ages. A Vulcan at this time would simply hand this book over and yet, he couldn't because he wasn't a Vulcan. "If this book was indeed that important you would have retrieved it already," he said with a confidence of a suicide victim. "I am new to this place and know nothing of you or your family good sir," he continued. "I for instance am lost and can't go back to my ship. I also hold in my grasp a book of power and perhaps a way to get me home. You walk in here with this divine woman, Audrey," he bows to her, "and expect me on my knees when there is no authentication of who you are to me." He looks Lex in the eye, "I apologize for your anger toward me and inciting it further good sir, but your threats mean nothing to me. I am dead to my people already." He then loo.ks at the young woman, "A beautiful creature like that does not walk into reality like she did, no sir, I am dreaming...." He made sure to connect on the next sentence face to face with Lex, "And if I am not 'good sir,' then this book does not belong in your volatile hands." He had a quaint smile on his face, though not meant for rudeness, more for assertiveness.
Back to top Go down
Lex

Lex

PostSubject: Re: A most promising place, for the lonely heart.....   A most promising place, for the lonely heart..... EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 5:02 pm

This man had a death wish for sure! He would have struck him down were it not for Audry touching his face to calm him down. He looked at her, his anger instantly vanishing. She was so much like his sister Valia. Oh how that pained him so much. He took a few steps back and fell to his knees, unable to stand up. His sister had the same affect on him. Whenever he would do something wrong, and she would scold him, he would fall to his knees. He couldn't help it. She was the only family he saw was pure and good, though he wasn't worthy of her. She was his connection to their parents. Oh how losing them hurt so bad.

"Valia," he whispered, a tear rolling down his cheek, "Oh dear sister, I am so sorry. I kept you tied down, then forgot all about you. You should have died naturally all those years ago, but I was selfish." He looked up at Audry, tears falling faster now, "I am so sorry dear sister. Please forgive me."

He fell forward, "AAAHHHHH!"

Suddenly his blue flamed aura exploded around him, the air particals shaking from his power. The very ground below them began to shake. How long had he held back such pain? How long had it been since he last cried like this? Too long. Far too long.
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: A most promising place, for the lonely heart.....   A most promising place, for the lonely heart..... EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 8:52 pm

When Lex fell she stepped back until he started talking again. She moved to his side with standing the blue flames even though they made her skin burn. She rapped her arms around Lex and held on tight offering him the only comfort she had. Her touch. She looked up at Kaol and the closed her eyes as the color switched to a deep black and her body started to shift into her wolf form.
Back to top Go down
Kaol Rehu

Kaol Rehu

PostSubject: Re: A most promising place, for the lonely heart.....   A most promising place, for the lonely heart..... EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 9:11 pm

Here these humans were not of Earth either, yet, one at least knew about it. Kaol could not even fathom where he was, but this was interesting. He was, however, forced to back up from the man's flames. They were burning him and they seemed strange. He had heard of an omnipotent race called 'Q,' but he had no idea what these two were. One could change from her form to that of a canine. The other was one of extreme power and could generate flames around him. He just stared at the man's pathetic rant, for, it did nothing on the heart of one trained by the Tal'Shiar. He just watched the man's anger and self destructive pain. He wasn't into laughing about other's pain, but he wasn't stupid either. He backed into the room and opened the book again to see what this man could be needing. He wanted to attain the power this man sought. The girl obviously didn't care or was in the process of helping this fiery human. He only waited until the man was done and ready for civil conversation.
Back to top Go down
Lex

Lex

PostSubject: Re: A most promising place, for the lonely heart.....   A most promising place, for the lonely heart..... EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 9:23 pm

And just as fast as the flames appeared, they were gone. Her touch had caused him to calm down. He chuckled slightly as she turned into a wolf. Wiping away the tears, he slowly stood back up. Patting her head, he turned back to Kaol. He wasn't one for emotion. A true man of science, ones that had captured him so long ago, had acted like that.

"I'm okay Audry. You can return to normal. I'm sorry my powers forced you into your wolf state." He turned back to Kaol and smiled slightly. "Let me tell you a story, young man. A long time ago, there was a man who was traveling the ominverse, or as he was known to call it, the god spheres. He came upon a universe where all that was around was science. No magic what so ever. No emotions. No artistic expression."

He slowly started to walk towards Kaol, a darkness in his eyes, yet there was something that resembled madness, deep and unabiding insanity.

"When he arrived, their sensors went hey wire. Unknown to him, he was quickly tracked down and captured. They thought about killing him, but when he resisted, they desided to torture him. Then they found out he couldn't die. He was their version of a god. But the reason why he couldn't die was because he wasn't from their universe. Not from their dimention." He smirked, stopping just a few feet away. "You know what he was able to learn from them? Shall I tell you?" he asked in a dark malistic whisper.

Last edited by Lex on Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: A most promising place, for the lonely heart.....   A most promising place, for the lonely heart..... EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 9:30 pm

Audrey shifted turning her back to the two men as she pulled up her dress so her body was covered she turned around listening to Lex and looking at Kaol. She wanted to know if he feared her or even cared to understand what she was. She knew in her heart Lex excepted her from the very beginning. She took a step closer to Lex but kept her distance hoping he would stay calm. Her eyes never leaving Kaol.
Back to top Go down
Kaol Rehu

Kaol Rehu

PostSubject: Re: A most promising place, for the lonely heart.....   A most promising place, for the lonely heart..... EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 9:46 pm

He looked at the violent man. He smirked and bravely and foolishly stated, "Tell me." He waited for the giant ball of flame or whatever to hit him quickly. These creatures were based off of emotion and that was a dangerous mix with their 'magic.' He simply looked at the man who had been crying, but not a few seconds earlier. He had not lied to the man when he had told him the Kaol was dead to his people. He could never return lest he be killed by the Tal'Shiar. Too much time had passed and he was now deserted here among these barbarians. He simply turned his head and looked at the woman named 'Audrey.' If he were to die then he would die looking at the most beautiful thing he had seen in five years. The closest to her would have been his bed aboard the Shadow class Dre'Exle shuttle. He made no attempt to flinch or run. He returned to his Vulcan studies of logic to purge the fear from his mind. He wasn't going to let this man win over his mind. He would not die screaming.
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: A most promising place, for the lonely heart.....   A most promising place, for the lonely heart..... EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 9:51 pm

She looked to Lex and then he seemed to only shimmer out of her sights as she looked to Kaol. She stepped around Lex being drawn to him. She wanted to know why he had no fear of a man that could easily kill him. She wanted to know the unhappiness behind this mans eyes. She stopped only a couple feet away from Kaol and took a deep breath looking into his eyes and searching for some life, some form of happiness.
Back to top Go down
Lex

Lex

PostSubject: Re: A most promising place, for the lonely heart.....   A most promising place, for the lonely heart..... EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 11:48 am

Grinning with the madness that was within his own heart, he held up his hand. Suddenly there was a flash of bright swirling light, surrounded in what looked like a cloudy mist. It was beautiful and chaotic all at the same time. Surely the creature would know what he had just summoned so freely. After all, what matter of creature of science didn't know of anti-matter. Though, the null matter shielding surrounding it might be a bit confusing to the man. No where in the universes had he ever come across null matter, save for when he was in the shadow realm. It had taken him many centuries to grasp the null matter technique, which finally was able to help control his summoning of anti-matter.

"You know what this is, don't you," he grinned. He looked to Audry and stood up a bit straighter. He wasn't going to kill this man. He knew what it was like being killed on a planet that was no where near home. He just wanted the respect. Death would have been easier to perform. But he was truly tired of killing.

Shaking his head, he backed away from the man, "Most would not stand as you have. I have seen the bravest of avatars and demi-gods fall to their knees and beg not to be harmed or killed. But you my friend....though you look like an elf...you are something more. Strength and foolishness, yet determined to be who you are till the end. I commend you for that," he spoke, bowing his head and vanishing the anti-matter orb. He knew when to give respect when respect was due, though were he a younger man, that respect would have been a blade to the heart.
Back to top Go down
Kaol Rehu

Kaol Rehu

PostSubject: Re: A most promising place, for the lonely heart.....   A most promising place, for the lonely heart..... EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 12:06 pm

He looked at the man who held the anti matter orb. He was genuinely impressed with the fortitude of the person before him. He could quite literally summon a chain reaction of dilithium. The very substance used by the starships of his period, though, his people used quantum singularities for their power source. He answered, "You are able to summon chain reactions without destroying us. Truly impressive sir, were we in better circumstances I would inquire more upon your abilities. My people however, use quantum singularities as our power sources sir. More appropriately, black holes sir. Very small ones and they are contained in our engine cores." He shook his head in a nodding fashion as he was truly impressed. He looked at the woman with an expression of interest at best. The Vulcan teachings indeed were serving him well and he was glad or might have wet himself if he were a lesser man. He, however, had nothing to lose so he could die and simply disappear. He had no delusions of grandeur in his own survival. He knew he would die, so he looked at the female. He nodded in respect to her.
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: A most promising place, for the lonely heart.....   A most promising place, for the lonely heart..... EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 4:43 pm

Audrey turned facing Lex now.. Her eyes filled with innocent tears. She took a step away from the man she thought was interested in her but she kept getting mixed signals. She looked over Lex's face and let out a sign. A chill went down her whole body causing her to shiver. She wouldn't be toyed with. She could tell Kaol wanted more knowledge and he was seeking it not from her. She could tell when she was wanted. She simply put her head up and wiped one of the tears with frustration and went to stand behind Lex, one hand on his back pushing just enough so he knew she was there and it was okay, not wanting him to hurt Kaol.
Back to top Go down
Lex

Lex

PostSubject: Re: A most promising place, for the lonely heart.....   A most promising place, for the lonely heart..... EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 6:52 pm

He felt Audry's pain, though she tried hard not to show it. Why was she so interesting in this man before him? Sighing slightly, he looked from Audry to Kaol and back. Shaking his head slightly, he summoned a chair and sat down. Folding his arms over his chest, he smiled a bit.

"Kaol, I do believe you are missing a point. If I can summon anti-matter, what makes you think I can't summon and control a black hole? Your quantum singularity, as you put it, is not hard to recreate. But seeing how this is my home planet, do you think I would want to do so here? I made sure I had plenty of protection just to summon the anti-matter. I know how powerful it is."

Sitting forward, he looked over his shoulder at Audry. He summoned a chair for her and Kaol to sit, though there were plenty of stools around. He wanted to be comfortable.

"I could probably get you home to your own time, realm, and universe. But in order for me to do that, I would one, need that book, and two ask that you spend time with a woman that clearly likes you."

Sitting back, placing his fingertips together, he watched the man's reactions. He had felt the emtional imprints, though he tried to hide them, as well as the mental struggle within. He wanted to go home, but he also wanted Audry. It was rather funny. What would one man do? Go home, or stay with the one you care for? Ah, proper torture.
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: A most promising place, for the lonely heart.....   A most promising place, for the lonely heart..... EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 8:27 pm

Audrey sat down on the stool her hand still on Lex's back. She blushed at his words Kaol and sat silently waiting for Kaol's answer.She watched Kaol's eyes, when she was a child her mother told her you can tell what a being is feeling by just looking into their eyes. She couldn't read Kaol's eyes though she didn't know what he was thinking and that scared her. She was nervous so keeping her hand on Lex both soothed her as well as helping him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A most promising place, for the lonely heart.....   A most promising place, for the lonely heart..... Empty

Back to top Go down

A most promising place, for the lonely heart.....
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next